Looking to make (or have made for me) a cover for the bottom of my motherboard

MGsubbie

I'm going to add a Geeekpi 5 inch monitor inside my case, the cable for which I'm planning on wiring through the bottom PCIe expansion cover, where there is a hole in the PSU shroud right next to it. I'm planning on getting an RGB backplate for my SSD, which I will put on top of my PSU shroud to cover up the stickers on my PSU. And finally I'm planning on wiring a SATA power extension cable to power a Lighting Node Pro outside my case. All of this would make a lot more wires visible, and I'm focusing on keeping as few cables visible as possible.

So what I'm planning on doing is getting a cover that can be screwed into the bottom PCIe expansion cover, and would go along my PSU shroud, in order to cover up all the cables. If it's not clear, here's a picture of what it would cover up. I would want it L-shaped, with some holes cut to wire the SSD cables through, attached to the PCIe cover that has openings hidden behind the rest of it.

So what would you recommend here? Make it custom from scratch? Make the cover separately and fuse it to an existing PCIe cover that I use a dremel for to cut open? Use acrylic or steel? Or do you have any other recommendations?

(P.S. For anyone wanting to mention that the uncovered m.2 SSD is clashing with the rest of the looks, don't worry, I have a cover on the way, it should be arriving Monday.)

20190526_032642.jpg

2 hours ago, MGsubbie said:

I'm going to add a Geeekpi 5 inch monitor inside my case, the cable for which I'm planning on wiring through the bottom PCIe expansion cover, where there is a hole in the PSU shroud right next to it. I'm planning on getting an RGB backplate for my SSD, which I will put on top of my PSU shroud to cover up the stickers on my PSU. And finally I'm planning on wiring a SATA power extension cable to power a Lighting Node Pro outside my case. All of this would make a lot more wires visible, and I'm focusing on keeping as few cables visible as possible.

So what I'm planning on doing is getting a cover that can be screwed into the bottom PCIe expansion cover, and would go along my PSU shroud, in order to cover up all the cables. If it's not clear, here's a picture of what it would cover up. I would want it L-shaped, with some holes cut to wire the SSD cables through, attached to the PCIe cover that has openings hidden behind the rest of it.

So what would you recommend here? Make it custom from scratch? Make the cover separately and fuse it to an existing PCIe cover that I use a dremel for to cut open? Use acrylic or steel? Or do you have any other recommendations?

(P.S. For anyone wanting to mention that the uncovered m.2 SSD is clashing with the rest of the looks, don't worry, I have a cover on the way, it should be arriving Monday.)

20190526_032642.jpg

Why not use an ITX motherboard if you don't even plan on using half the headers available to you? My whole bottom row of headers is pretty much used up besides the USB 2.0 ones. Have 8 fans and a crap ton of RGB.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

1 hour ago, fluxdeity said:

Why not use an ITX motherboard if you don't even plan on using half the headers available to you? My whole bottom row of headers is pretty much used up besides the USB 2.0 ones. Have 8 fans and a crap ton of RGB.

Because I like seeing as few cables as possible. If I end up making this thing, I'll be using the audio jack, bottom SATA cables and the RGB header for the SSD backplate. I have 7 fans and a shit ton of RGB too, it's just that my Commander Pro acts as a passthrough for everything else.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:44 PM, MGsubbie said:

-SNIP-

Simple piece of acrylic bent at an angle will work well and be pretty simple to make, makes it low profile and be tucked away in the back and not need to do with anything regarding the PCI-E slot.