Is an X260/270 my best bet?

I need a new laptop and I'm looking to spend around $800 CAD. I'm totally fine with used, but I'd like it to be a commonly found deal, not a "once-in-a-lifetime-buy-it-asap" deal. I'd like a screen no bigger than 13" and no smaller than 12". I value IO, a good screen and keyboard, and most importantly, 8+ hours of battery life (video playback, web browsing, etc). I think the X260/70 is my best bet, is it? Are there other things I should consider? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

8 hours ago, Alexsolo said:

If you can find them, the Lenovo X1 Carbons are thin and light machines, though they have a 14inch screen, its usually a higher than normal resolution 1080p+ and have a great battery life. 

Smaller than that, I'd personally go with the X260 or 270 like you said. 

There's also X240, which is I7-4600U and a 12.5'' screen.

X250 is I5-5300U and a 12'' screen. 

What area of Canada are you in? There's some local retailers in Montreal and Toronto I know of with cheap refurbished laptops. If you'd like to PM me I can let you know.

I'm in London. I looked at the X1 Carbons and they're a bit too big for my taste. I've also looked at almost all generations of the X series and the X260 is the "old"est I'd like to go. There's one store here that I know of, FCSurplus, but the only ThinkPad they have are X230s iirc.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, Alexsolo said:

Ahh okay, you mentioned 800$ CAD so I assumed you were in Canada, my bad. 

I'm not that knowledgeable of retailers that side of the ocean...

Looking on Newegg United Kingdom I found some nice machines though: 

https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/p/N82E16834846781

Here's an A grade used X240 https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/p/N82E16834847579?Description=Lenovo%20X240%20grade%20A&cm_re=Lenovo_X240_grade_A-_-34-847-579-_-Product

Hehe, I meant London, Ontario. Sorry for the confusion lol

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈