Led strip lights w/system power state?

snoopunit

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm wondering if there is a way to wire external LED lights to act like a monitor's power led but for my pc. Basically I want to put lights underneath a desk and have them turn on solid while pc is in use, blink slowly while in sleep/hibernate. Is this possible?

33 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Might be possible, Would be a Pain in the ass and probably not worth the hassle. Prob a Raspberry Pi Kind of deal.

could I not wire the lights directly onto mobo PLED?

Yeahbut u gotta run it out of the case, plus dont think you can set it to blink etc wothout custom coding. Because personally my msi mystic light cant change dynamically, when i gp in sleep mode leds turn off also

On 5/21/2019 at 3:30 AM, snoopunit said:

[...]. Basically I want to put lights underneath a desk and have them turn on solid while pc is in use, blink slowly while in sleep/hibernate. Is this possible?

Well, as I understand it, you want to have your LED lights to follow the behaviour of your case's power LED. I am pretty sure wiring the LEDs to the power LED header of your motherboard is not likely to work, because even if the voltage at those terminals might be right for your custom LEDs, I doubt you could draw that much power from those headers safely. What you could do is to try to find a relay that is connected to the power LED header on your motherboard and that acts like a switch for your custom LEDs. It has to be a relay that is rated for the right amount of current and voltage. It should close the circuit whenever the case's power LED is on and open otherwise.