I am new to water cooling and I have read the FAQ's. So here is what I have. I have a Thor V2 case, an ASUS Maximus Formula VI MOBO, and I plan to get a few ASUS Poseidon's when they release. I want to take advantage of their built in H2O cooling features. I have a i5 4370K cpu, so my loop would be from the mobo or cpu to the gpus and return. So my question is what would be the ideal set-up? I am told by Rosewill that I can fit up to a 460mm rad internally. But I have a H100i installed now and I had to mod one of the OEM fans to fit with clearance from my MOBO. I am just looking for ideal suggestions on everything from set-up flow, to parts endorsed, as well as just general info concerning anyone who has my case and close to the same configuration. Thanks. 

I am new to water cooling and I have read the FAQ's. So here is what I have. I have a Thor V2 case, an ASUS Maximus Formula VI MOBO, and I plan to get a few ASUS Poseidon's when they release. I want to take advantage of their built in H2O cooling features. I have a i5 4370K cpu, so my loop would be from the mobo or cpu to the gpus and return. So my question is what would be the ideal set-up? I am told by Rosewill that I can fit up to a 460mm rad internally. But I have a H100i installed now and I had to mod one of the OEM fans to fit with clearance from my MOBO. I am just looking for ideal suggestions on everything from set-up flow, to parts endorsed, as well as just general info concerning anyone who has my case and close to the same configuration. Thanks. 

That case is garbage for water cooling. I really am sorry to say. You can't do anything with it. just a wast of money in my opinion. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I am becoming more and more aware of that. I started to look into the Cosmos 2, but I don't want to be like a vast majority of PC users. I want something a little unique. I was thinking of something from bitfenix, but I am not sure. Open to suggestions. 

I am becoming more and more aware of that. I started to look into the Cosmos 2, but I don't want to be like a vast majority of PC users. I want something a little unique. I was thinking of something from bitfenix, but I am not sure. Open to suggestions. 

I really like Corsair. I would even consider myself a fanboy. I'd say if anything the 750D, or the Fractal R4. 

I know the Thor V2 looks really cool, I thought the same thing. Yeah i realized it was garbage within about a week. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into these cases and see what happens. I am on a budget but I think if I time it all right I can score what I want for a solid price. 

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into these cases and see what happens. I am on a budget but I think if I time it all right I can score what I want for a solid price. 

If you need/want anymore help feel free to PM me or post another thread! :D

yes, as iterated before, prolly not the best main stream to water cool. was that a

480mm or 360mm radiator Rosewill directed you for fitment?

tbh, the Cosmos 2 isn't that much better as the layout is small.

suggestion would be corsair 750D or a smaller fractal design arc midi r2.

but it'll depend on what your plans are in water cooling.

CPU?

CPU/GPU?

CPU/2x GPU?

They said I can fit 2 230mm fans side by side so that would equate to a 460mm rad. Looking at it, I am not sure how...

If I am going with corsair, what is to stop me from just going with the 900d?

I am under the assumption that a full size ATX is the way to run with water cooling. With that said I have a i5 4370k CPU and wanting to get the ASUS Poseidon x2 when they release. So I would be going from the cpu to the MOBO to the GPUS in some fashion. 

They said I can fit 2 230mm fans side by side so that would equate to a 460mm rad. Looking at it, I am not sure how...

If I am going with corsair, what is to stop me from just going with the 900d?

I am under the assumption that a full size ATX is the way to run with water cooling. With that said I have a i5 4370k CPU and wanting to get the ASUS Poseidon x2 when they release. So I would be going from the cpu to the MOBO to the GPUS in some fashion. 

only limitations would be your wallet.. next would be your area you put it and lastly

is you and what your expectations are.

My wallet is flexible, but not bottomless. I'm thinking the 750d is just about perfect for my needs and future proofing. It will go either in a custom set up our just onto a desk or shelf in my office/man cave. I'm wanting to build a rig to be content with moderate gaming to standard everyday usage. I am aware I may be overkilling this a bit, but I figure if I do that now, I'll be set for an extended period.

My wallet is flexible, but not bottomless. I'm thinking the 750d is just about perfect for my needs and future proofing. It will go either in a custom set up our just onto a desk or shelf in my office/man cave. I'm wanting to build a rig to be content with moderate gaming to standard everyday usage. I am aware I may be overkilling this a bit, but I figure if I do that now, I'll be set for an extended period.

well, you can really go all out with the e-peen factor which is no better performance,

but a lot more money or buy the right hardware and not have tonnes of cash tied up

and possibly have better performance.

mainly speaking of the Formula and Poseidon GPU (2x). easily the motherboard can

look cool and be cool, but unless the Formula has exactly all of the connectivity moving

to the Hero or MSI GD65 Gaming will easily fit the build for less cash. and rumor is that

using the Poseidon is a great concept, but if you are going to water cooling using a

reference card and water block yields same or better performance with again less cost

involved.

seeing that the 750D is what you are looking to, the support for the water cooling side

is simple enough.

CPU - 240 radiator

CPU/GPU - 2x 240x 60 or 360x 60 (could be a bit fan noisy depending on overclock,

temp desired and hardware).

CPU/2xGPU - 360x 60 and 240x 60

with all that said, the Formula will not allow the use of a 360x 60 in the roof because

of the Cool-Fusion heat sinks. 45mm is thickest usable and that's is pushing it with

just a single set of fans. the 240 would be best served in the floor.

here's someone form OCN that got his up and running:

http://youtu.be/Muj3i4jhsmg

with what you are contemplating.

The NZXT H440 also supports dual 360mm rads, and it's a mid tower.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

The NZXT H440 also supports dual 360mm rads, and it's a mid tower.

i've got one on the way to do a compare between the 750D and H440..

so far i am not really a huge fan of the 750D chassis. but to get it under a certain

price point, corsair had to design non-linage practices for the newer Obsidian cases. 

as for the H440, since the 810, NZXT has been on a hit-terror and now being

innovative on different ideas and inclusions. i do fear that the front air intake might

be a deal breaker (H630) with a closed off panel and leaving a scant opening (750D)

to take responsibility for sufficient intake flow for air or water cooling. the H440 does

lend itself to more modding, but that should come out in a bit..

well, you can really go all out with the e-peen factor which is no better performance,

but a lot more money or buy the right hardware and not have tonnes of cash tied up

and possibly have better performance.

mainly speaking of the Formula and Poseidon GPU (2x). easily the motherboard can

look cool and be cool, but unless the Formula has exactly all of the connectivity moving

to the Hero or MSI GD65 Gaming will easily fit the build for less cash. and rumor is that

using the Poseidon is a great concept, but if you are going to water cooling using a

reference card and water block yields same or better performance with again less cost

involved.

seeing that the 750D is what you are looking to, the support for the water cooling side

is simple enough.

CPU - 240 radiator

CPU/GPU - 2x 240x 60 or 360x 60 (could be a bit fan noisy depending on overclock,

temp desired and hardware).

CPU/2xGPU - 360x 60 and 240x 60

with all that said, the Formula will not allow the use of a 360x 60 in the roof because

of the Cool-Fusion heat sinks. 45mm is thickest usable and that's is pushing it with

just a single set of fans. the 240 would be best served in the floor.

here's someone form OCN that got his up and running:

with what you are contemplating.

That video is as close to what I am looking for all around. I may not go with the 780 ti as they are still priced very high, but that is what I am looking at doing. Still not sure on the case I would like. I did notice that of the feedback in this thread, there was no love thrown at bitfenix cases. They are one brand I am looking at as well. Any thoughts with them? 

That video is as close to what I am looking for all around. I may not go with the 780 ti as they are still priced very high, but that is what I am looking at doing. Still not sure on the case I would like. I did notice that of the feedback in this thread, there was no love thrown at bitfenix cases. They are one brand I am looking at as well. Any thoughts with them? 

not a dis on the bitfenix cases, i just haven't have the opportunity to build in one to

pass a deep judgment. going from other reviews and users experiences, they tend

to not fit my needs. so that'd be why i don't suggest the bitfenix line.

I see. The cases from that line at best suit my needs are not all that attractive in both insides and outside. It seems I am between the Fractal, Corsair, or NZXT for my purposes. 

I see. The cases from that line at best suit my needs are not all that attractive in both insides and outside. It seems I am between the Fractal, Corsair, or NZXT for my purposes. 

those three are usually at the top of water cooling lists, unless someone is daring to be different.

side note: if you'll quote the members message, member(s) will receive a notice you'd replied or had more questions.

those three are usually at the top of water cooling lists, unless someone is daring to be different.

side note: if you'll quote the members message, member(s) will receive a notice you'd replied or had more questions.

Noted, thanks. 

What is your take on this http://phanteks.com/#&panel1-1&panel2-1

Noted, thanks.

What is your take on this http://phanteks.com/#&panel1-1&panel2-1

i was pretty close to ordering one of the primo cases, but it had a few mixed reviews

from prominent reviewers and some of the end-users comments were having genuine

concerns of shipping breakage, compatibility issues, and panel problems. for that kind

of cash outlay, you expect smaller issues.

here is a YT vid about it.

i was pretty close to ordering one of the primo cases, but it had a few mixed reviews

from prominent reviewers and some of the end-users comments were having genuine

concerns of shipping breakage, compatibility issues, and panel problems. for that kind

of cash outlay, you expect smaller issues.

here is a YT vid about it.

I'm liking the layout. Do you have references for the possible compatibility issues? If they are easily avoidable, I don't see too much to cause hesitation. I'm between this and the 750d. Also looking at the new line corsair just announced.

I'm liking the layout. Do you have references for the possible compatibility issues? If they are easily avoidable, I don't see too much to cause hesitation. I'm between this and the 750d. Also looking at the new line corsair just announced.

heres some to review:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1418637/phanteks-enthoo-primo-owners-club/0_30

http://phanteks.com/forum/forum.php

Great info in those links. Thanks. I'm not trying to be lazy not do my own research, but if you have the knowledge, why not ask? Thanks again. I'll be stewing on this for a little while.