First time builder have been watching linus for about 2 years and am 15 years old. I have been saving this year and have managed to obtain $1500 dollars, looking for any build recs. currently thinking of ryzen 5 2600x with 2060. It $1500 for whole setup ( I already have desk, keyboard, mouse) I need dual monitors. Any help is appreciated

Brand new Ryzen processors very soon, if you can wait just a few more weeks there's a lot to look forward to. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What I would do..

-OR-

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Brand new Ryzen processors very soon, if you can wait just a few more weeks there's a lot to look forward to. 

i would wait like he said a few weeks, the prices for a ryzen 2600 will drop and you will get a better deal on it. 

Let us know what you plan on doing with the computer and we could help you out with a list.

I'm going to assume you want to run 1080p at high refresh rates, since this is your first PC. R5 is a very good processor, but like @fasauceome said, I would wait for the next generation. You don't need a 2060 for 1080p. A 1660 or RX 580 would do the trick for way less money. Please inform the thread on the purpose of the PC so we could better help you.

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

2 minutes ago, ch3w2oy said:

What I would do..

-OR-

he needs two monitors so i was thinking a 1660ti gpu to give him a little money to buy those two monitors.

15 minutes ago, xven said:

he needs two monitors so i was thinking a 1660ti gpu to give him a little money to buy those two monitors.

Ohh shitt I read it like he already had it lol.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

On 5/16/2019 at 1:03 PM, Wannabelinus101 said:

First time builder have been watching linus for about 2 years and am 15 years old. I have been saving this year and have managed to obtain $1500 dollars, looking for any build recs. currently thinking of ryzen 5 2600x with 2060. It $1500 for whole setup ( I already have desk, keyboard, mouse) I need dual monitors. Any help is appreciated

On 5/16/2019 at 1:13 PM, xven said:

i would wait like he said a few weeks, the prices for a ryzen 2600 will drop and you will get a better deal on it. 

Let us know what you plan on doing with the computer and we could help you out with a list.

School work and streaming/gaming

On 5/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, Douglas The Duck said:

I'm going to assume you want to run 1080p at high refresh rates, since this is your first PC. R5 is a very good processor, but like @fasauceome said, I would wait for the next generation. You don't need a 2060 for 1080p. A 1660 or RX 580 would do the trick for way less money. Please inform the thread on the purpose of the PC so we could better help you.

School work but mostly streaming/gaming 

On 5/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, Douglas The Duck said:

Not just 1080p would like 1440p 60fps or around there

On 5/16/2019 at 1:34 PM, xven said:

yea like two good 1080p monitors can run him 400$ I use this 27inch 1080p monitor and i have nothing bad to say about it. Get a DP cable and its great for its value.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/thQG3C/dell-d2719hgf-270-1920x1080-144-hz-monitor-d2719hgf

I found two monitors for around $300, one is a 144hz 1ms for my gaming ($200) and another LG 60hz as another ($99). would the setup look bad with two different monitors? 

On 5/16/2019 at 1:13 PM, xven said:

If it’s around another 4 weeks of waiting I can probably get another $300 towards the build. 

23 minutes ago, Wannabelinus101 said:

I found two monitors for around $300, one is a 144hz 1ms for my gaming ($200) and another LG 60hz as another ($99). would the setup look bad with two different monitors? 

Two different brands of monitor