Starting as a white hat hacker

Ivyk

#6: Once you've found something exploitable, contact the people responsible and supply them with information and help them solve the issues.

NEVER do this, it'll get you sued or even up to 10 years in jail!

If you find something exploitable, EXPLOIT IT and GET CAUGHT, but make sure that they catch the exploit; and not you.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

You have to already know about how things work, at least the things you want to hack. Say you are cracking networks, you have to know how to network inside and out. It ranges through so many things. You have to be a expert in the thing you want to do first ok?

Get into reverse engineering, it's a gateway for hacking and often gets you into the grey area where things are not necessarily illegal, but not legal either.

Annnnd we use it to discover how aliens make things O.o

A good resource I would recommend would be PentesterLab, check it out :)

Check with your colleges or technical schools in your area. Sometimes they have the more resources than what you can get online because of the "hacker" mentality. Look for classes in network penetration or computer security classes to start off, then you might be introduced with hacker conventions, such as def-con.

I want to become a white hat hacker(the good guy hacker).

I want to be able to protect people against hacker but to do so I need to learn to hack myself first.

Do you guys know any sites/tutorials that will help me?

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Isn't assembly one of the hardest languages to learn?

It's not that bad. You just have to use a lot of different opcodes and register locations and whatnot, but you can always just reference to them on the Internet.