Bluetooth headphones - reviews rant

mrAce92

You know what they say, once you go bluetooth you can't go back. I recently saw video from Louis Rossman ranting BT headphones and connectors and how shitty his experience was and I wasn't understanding what was it about. I mean my CX 7.00 are great, I just turn them on and they pair with my PC instant. I can pair two devices at once. I didn't knew what was wrong untill I got audiotechnica headphones. Holy shit... 

- They don't autopair, you even have to forget device sometimes and pair again to make it work

- You can't charge and use BT at same time - you have to plug second 3mm jack to 3mm jack cable to your PC / phone. Seriously, I haven't seen review where they check if you can use them and charge at once. You will know how many hours it will work (theoreticaly), but in real world it doesn't matter. Most od the headphones use small batteries, and use microUSB which makes possible to charge them for 15 mins and use for few hours untill you get home and leave it charging for the night.

- You wouldn't belive but I found key feature of BT headphones for me is pairing with 2 devices at once. People don't understand it untill they try to work on laptop and make some calls with clients. It is fair simple - just answer the phone and spotify will pause on your PC.

- Seriously, I tried some other BT headphones and I found that buttons / leds tend to have shitty functionality, ie. no google assistant option, or no battery indicator - why nobody says that? It is just like old motocycles without fuel gauge, but back then people at least could look inside fuel tank and see how much juice they have. Now you have to remember how long you have been listening audio and take in account how much battery capacity you lost over recent weeks.

Someone has to start doing those reviews right, as now it doesn't mean much for average user. With recently "no headphone jack" trend and cheaper true wireless headphones there is going to be more users that don't really care about audio quality as much as about simple daily usage.

You do make some fair points. The only good Bluetooth headphone I have ever encountered are the Bose Quitecomfort series which the new ones cost a ridiculous amount of money.

Just because apple thinks that Bluetooth headphones have matured should mean every other company should follow in their footsteps.

Until the wireless headphone Matures like the smartphone market has, I am going to stick to my good old 50x.

Also what was your experience regarding the sound quality between the two headphones? 

5 hours ago, mrAce92 said:

You know what they say, once you go bluetooth you can't go back. I recently saw video from Louis Rossman ranting BT headphones and connectors and how shitty his experience was and I wasn't understanding what was it about. I mean my CX 7.00 are great, I just turn them on and they pair with my PC instant. I can pair two devices at once. I didn't knew what was wrong untill I got audiotechnica headphones. Holy shit... 

- They don't autopair, you even have to forget device sometimes and pair again to make it work

- You can't charge and use BT at same time - you have to plug second 3mm jack to 3mm jack cable to your PC / phone. Seriously, I haven't seen review where they check if you can use them and charge at once. You will know how many hours it will work (theoreticaly), but in real world it doesn't matter. Most od the headphones use small batteries, and use microUSB which makes possible to charge them for 15 mins and use for few hours untill you get home and leave it charging for the night.

- You wouldn't belive but I found key feature of BT headphones for me is pairing with 2 devices at once. People don't understand it untill they try to work on laptop and make some calls with clients. It is fair simple - just answer the phone and spotify will pause on your PC.

- Seriously, I tried some other BT headphones and I found that buttons / leds tend to have shitty functionality, ie. no google assistant option, or no battery indicator - why nobody says that? It is just like old motocycles without fuel gauge, but back then people at least could look inside fuel tank and see how much juice they have. Now you have to remember how long you have been listening audio and take in account how much battery capacity you lost over recent weeks.

Someone has to start doing those reviews right, as now it doesn't mean much for average user. With recently "no headphone jack" trend and cheaper true wireless headphones there is going to be more users that don't really care about audio quality as much as about simple daily usage.

I find most of my bluetooth solutions are fine. Don't unpair turn it on and it plays. And if be been using Bluetooth for travel.for about 7 years now before aptx and before I started listening to good audiophile gear. It depends on the naufacturer. All my stuff from fiio, Phillips, akg, Sony, and Sennheiser that do Bluetooth all work flawlessly the only thing I can't do is play music and charge at the same time. But I always carry my phone's dongle in case the battery dies but I've never really had an issue with things dying cause I charge them regularly. The only thing I want from Bluetooth headphones of the future is replaceable batteries.