Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItssThomass

New phone

Posted · Original PosterOP

Im 16, i have my own job and want to buy a phone for myself. I want to buy an iphone 7 or up and my mom told me if i give her the money every month then i can do it so she can pay for it on the plan but once i brung it back up she told me if i want it every cent i make needs to go into the phone and she doesnt want to pay the 2 year plan (monthly). I tried to reason with her and tell her half which is $200 a month which will go into it but she still doesnt want to do it. Even though she told me once i got a job and can pay for it myself she would buy me the phone and i'd give her the money monthly, when i got the job and wanted it she told me no. Can someone explain?

-= Moved to Phones and Tablets =-

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

17 minutes ago, ItssThomass said:

Just buy a used google pixel XL first gen 128GB phone for $200-250

Can find them on ebay, just find a seller who offers quality options and pick Good/Excellent quality.

Or a galaxy S8 might be around that price as well, and that has a snapdragon 835 if I'm not mistaken.

I edit my posts a lot

Just out of curiousity, why are you after an iPhone?

It depends on your own financial situation, because getting a job is nice and puts you in a good place in terms of income, but depending on the price of an iPhone 7, your mom may highly be against the price no matter what.

Aesthetics God, K-pop connoisseur, Native Union shill, light theme unicorn, Arctic aficionado, Apple fangirl

Think 'hose' but replace the 'h' with an 's'.

My Custom PC Build Log  |  My Brother's Custom PC Build Log  |  PC Rig Photography

i5-8600K | Arctic 33 eSports | Asus Z370-P | 16GB DDR4-2800 | Asus GTX 1060 3GB | 500GB Crucial P1 + 240GB Crucial BX500 | NZXT S340 | Corsair CX450M

I would advise against an iPhone 7, they’re too old now. 

You want the newest phone you can afford, so maybe get a newer android, or spend a bit more and get an iPhone 8 or ideally a XR