New phone

ItssThomass

Im 16, i have my own job and want to buy a phone for myself. I want to buy an iphone 7 or up and my mom told me if i give her the money every month then i can do it so she can pay for it on the plan but once i brung it back up she told me if i want it every cent i make needs to go into the phone and she doesnt want to pay the 2 year plan (monthly). I tried to reason with her and tell her half which is $200 a month which will go into it but she still doesnt want to do it. Even though she told me once i got a job and can pay for it myself she would buy me the phone and i'd give her the money monthly, when i got the job and wanted it she told me no. Can someone explain?

-= Moved to Phones and Tablets =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

17 minutes ago, ItssThomass said:

Just buy a used google pixel XL first gen 128GB phone for $200-250

Can find them on ebay, just find a seller who offers quality options and pick Good/Excellent quality.

Or a galaxy S8 might be around that price as well, and that has a snapdragon 835 if I'm not mistaken.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just out of curiousity, why are you after an iPhone?

It depends on your own financial situation, because getting a job is nice and puts you in a good place in terms of income, but depending on the price of an iPhone 7, your mom may highly be against the price no matter what.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I would advise against an iPhone 7, they’re too old now. 

You want the newest phone you can afford, so maybe get a newer android, or spend a bit more and get an iPhone 8 or ideally a XR