Buying mom a new phone.

Hello guys, as you may have seen in the title my mom’s B day is coming and and want to give her a brand new phone. She currently have a galaxy J7 (2016) and I have a budget of $250 USD. She doesn’t care about brands so what’s the best phone you can buy with that budget (current models). Thanks for the help really appreciated that.

I think it's probably best for her to choose which one she wants then obviously you buy it as a gift. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I think it's probably best for her to choose which one she wants then obviously you buy it as a gift.

I already try that it didn’t work, she says that she wants the best phone and that she trust me because I’m supposed to know more than her so yeah xd 

21 minutes ago, Kilo One said:

Hello guys, as you may have seen in the title my mom’s B day is coming and and want to give her a brand new phone. She currently have a galaxy J7 (2016) and I have a budget of $250 USD. She doesn’t care about brands so what’s the best phone you can buy with that budget (current models). Thanks for the help really appreciated that.

Was going to recommend some of the Chinese phone brands but they have been struggling with some legal terms and their privacy. Some of the larger ones such as Xiaomi aren't selling their phone in the us unless you can import them. However what kind of things will your mum want her phone to do? any specific specs she would want over others, such as a better camera or a bigger screen. I know she most likely wont want a 'gaming phone' but is their anything specifically she would want so i could narrow my search down.

Many thanks

2 hours ago, Fluxy said:

Was going to recommend some of the Chinese phone brands but they have been struggling with some legal terms and their privacy. Some of the larger ones such as Xiaomi aren't selling their phone in the us unless you can import them. However what kind of things will your mum want her phone to do? any specific specs she would want over others, such as a better camera or a bigger screen. I know she most likely wont want a 'gaming phone' but is their anything specifically she would want so i could narrow my search down.

She would like to have a phone with a better camera and screen and also maintain a similar size. That's what I think its most important to her.