specs:

CPU - AMD phenom II x4 965

CPU HEAT SINK - coolermaster 212 evo with cosair  SP 120 fan

GRAPHIC CARD - gigabyte r9 280x 

MOBO -gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

128 SSD 500 GB HDD 80 GB HDD 250 GB HDD

RAM- 4 GB x2  kingston hyper x 

PSU- akasa venom 750W 

so only when playing certain games (only noticed it with L4D2 and CS:GO) i hear an electric sound coming from my computer, after opening it i think i have pin pointed the sound to the PSU how ever games like payday 2,far cry 3,garrys mod and F1 2013 which are the games i play the most are fine and do not make this sound but when the computer does make the sound it will suddenly and with out warning stop and freeze and nothing will work CTRL ALT DEL will do nothing and i have to do a hard reset.

i do not lose any frames before this happens and the computer seems fine the rest of the time and only does this with particular games. 

Edited by lukeforrest94

That must be coil whine your experiencing, because those games are running at such hugh fps. Try turning on vsync or capping your frame rate, might solve your issue!

Intel i5 4670k @4.2 GHz, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Sabertooth Z87, Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 MHz 16GB, Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8GB, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, NZXT Switch 810, Asus MX34VQ, Asus MX239H.

But no way he will be running a really high frame rate with games like far cry 3 (if setting are maxed out) but yeah try capping your frame rate, im not sure if AMD provides a option to do this with all games automatically or you might just have to change it manually. If you cant I will tell you a way to cap your framerate with Dxtory with out recording.