Computer won't turn on

Stimpy1274

I think my power supply is dying. It started a while ago, if I bumped or touched my psu cable my PC would shut off. I thought that this was because my is on my desk and the cord goes straight down. So every time I would move the cable around and it would turn on. Then a week ago it wouldn't turn on at all, no matter where I positioned the cable in the socket or on my desk, I would sometimes get it but once I let go of the cable it would shut off. So I didn't play for a week and considered getting a new psu. So before I went to unplug everything to ship it to evga and get it fixed or get a new one, I checked all the cables. I saw that my 20+4 pin connector had the 4 part not completely in and my case connectors on my motherboard weren't in right. So I fixed those and my pc worked and I had no problems with it at all. Then the problem started happening again today. I have no idea what it could be. I have warranty with evga on my psu. Help is appreciated.

G4560

Msi b250m pro vd

Crucial ballistix 8gb ddr4

Hp s700 sad

Wd caviar blue

Msi armor rx580 8gb

Evga 500b 80+bronze

12 minutes ago, Stimpy1274 said:

I think my power supply is dying. It started a while ago, if I bumped or touched my psu cable my PC would shut off. I thought that this was because my is on my desk and the cord goes straight down. So every time I would move the cable around and it would turn on. Then a week ago it wouldn't turn on at all, no matter where I positioned the cable in the socket or on my desk, I would sometimes get it but once I let go of the cable it would shut off. So I didn't play for a week and considered getting a new psu. So before I went to unplug everything to ship it to evga and get it fixed or get a new one, I checked all the cables. I saw that my 20+4 pin connector had the 4 part not completely in and my case connectors on my motherboard weren't in right. So I fixed those and my pc worked and I had no problems with it at all. Then the problem started happening again today. I have no idea what it could be. I have warranty with evga on my psu. Help is appreciated.

G4560

Msi b250m pro vd

Crucial ballistix 8gb ddr4

Hp s700 sad

Wd caviar blue

Msi armor rx580 8gb

Evga 500b 80+bronze

After reading your novel, it is safe to say your PSU is botched.  Also the 4 part not connected can actually destroy your motherboard.  Let us hope that is not the case.  Grab a temp PSU and RMA evga and you should be good to go.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card