Searching for additional HDD Cages/SSD mounting brackets for Thermaltake Tower 900

TheLadyJay

I've been having a crazy time trying to find these additional accessories. I've tried multiple times to contact Thermaltake to learn about purchasing options for them, but have yet to receive any response. I'm even down to searching around to see if anyone has any extras that are compatible with the Thermaltake Tower 900 they wouldn't mind selling me. If you do have this same unit and are willing to sell any HDD/SSD accessories, please let me know.

Here's the chassis: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zk8H99/thermaltake-the-tower-900-atx-full-tower-case-ca-1h1-00f1wn-00

I noticed that the Thermaltake P90 case's 2.5" SSD mounting brackets are also compatible with the Tower 900.

If anyone has any insight, this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• 4 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 9:18 PM, TheLadyJay said:

I've been having a crazy time trying to find these additional accessories. I've tried multiple times to contact Thermaltake to learn about purchasing options for them, but have yet to receive any response. I'm even down to searching around to see if anyone has any extras that are compatible with the Thermaltake Tower 900 they wouldn't mind selling me. If you do have this same unit and are willing to sell any HDD/SSD accessories, please let me know.

Here's the chassis: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zk8H99/thermaltake-the-tower-900-atx-full-tower-case-ca-1h1-00f1wn-00

I noticed that the Thermaltake P90 case's 2.5" SSD mounting brackets are also compatible with the Tower 900.

If anyone has any insight, this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Having the exact same issue, Thermaltake provides no responses to any attempt to contact hem and desperately need additional drives cages. Did you find any solution to the issue?

They did react initially but stated that they do not ship to my destination country and offered to put me in touch with the reseller in region. I am not waiting for that to happen. I also offer to provide a US address to ship to so I can send it from there to my country. So far no feedback on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone else ends up here after finding nothing helpful on the entire Internet... Thermaltake sent me two today. Filled out the link above (thanks @H-Men40) with:

• Item name ("2.5" HDD Tray for Tower 900")
  • Picture from the manual with it circled
  • Shipping address
  • Paypal e-mail address

Got a quick reply and an invoice within an hour! ?

As this is a non-SKU'd product and not available through regular purchase, we would have to search inventory to see if we have them available. The price for these would be $9.99/ea + S&H.

IMG_0557.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching for the Hard drive cages that go in the back, each which support (2) 3.5 inch mechanical drives.

I started my NAS PC build and need to source more.

I contacted thermaltake and was told they do not sell them...

Any other suggestions?

I have tried ebay and craigslist as well and nothing,.

At this point i am considering 3D printing..

I bought six drive bays (so space for 12 drives). You have to have a US address registered with PayPal otherwise Thermaltake can not help. I have a buddy in the US that helped me out so I was able to get them through him. Initially Thermaltake told me they can put me in touch with the local reseller but they never got in touch with me. 

Attached are some pics of the drive bays incase you want to go a 3rd party route and need to have more details.

20190916_193358.jpg

20190916_193407.jpg

20190916_193348.jpg

20190916_193353.jpg

Now I am waiting for them to send me the exact measurements of the glass front since I need a replacement, the original glass exploded when getting the screws off. Very delicate glass if you ask me, so I decided to get the replacement custom made at a local glass shop, at least they offer better quality glass.

20190916_201054.jpg

Thats interesting that you were able to successfully get the extra hard drive cages from them. i sent them an email and this was the response that i got.. 

Screenshot_20190924-080403_Yahoo Mail_01.jpg

15 hours ago, Moldy_Mushroom said:

Thats interesting that you were able to successfully get the extra hard drive cages from them. i sent them an email and this was the response that i got.. 

Screenshot_20190924-080403_Yahoo Mail_01.jpg

That's strange, as you can see in the pictures above I managed to get them to ship me some. Maybe they are currently out of stock?

This is the reply I got back in August when I started the discussion and journey:

"CS05 (Thermaltake Technology)

Aug 19, 14:34 PDT

Hello Roland,

I will check with our warehouse on the part you are requesting. Once I confirm stock on the item I will contact you via this ticket. If you can also provide your shipping address I can also provide with a total on shipping.
Thank You"

By the way, if anyone here has the glass front undamaged and could take exact measurements for me I would greatly appreciate it. The service desk team at Thermaltake was not able to provide a technical drawing of the glass front. Pretty poor if you ask me. With all the trouble I had to get the drive bays and now the glass I can only discourage users from buying this case. Should have stayed with Corsair, they don't have these issues.

Found the measurements on Amazon, someone did have the same issues:

Front panel glass is (LxWxD) 22 3/4 x 15 1/2 x 27 3/8 Inches
Side panel glass is (LxWxD) 22 3/4 x 10 1/2 x 25 Inches

Here are some measurements i took of my tower 900 Front and side glass.

This is the Front Glass. Width in First picture, followed by length in the second.

20190925_150109.jpg

20190925_150157.jpg

And here is the side glass.

Again, width in the first picture, and length in the second.

Hope these help.

20190925_150233.jpg

20190925_150305.jpg

10 hours ago, Moldy_Mushroom said:

Here are some measurements i took of my tower 900 Front and side glass.

This is the Front Glass. Width in First picture, followed by length in the second.

20190925_150109.jpg

20190925_150157.jpg

Thank you very much this is helpful. Could you please also check the screw holes in the glass and measure how far away they are from the actual end of the glass? That would be super helpful.

Took some more measurements for you.

The first picture is referenced side to side, and is the measurement from the whole to the edge of the glass. Looked to be about 3/8''

The second picture is referenced top to bottom, and is the measurement from hole to edge of glass. Looked to be 1 and 5/8"

20190926_173625.jpg

20190926_173710.jpg

2 hours ago, Moldy_Mushroom said:

On 9/26/2019 at 4:06 AM, Moldy_Mushroom said:

Thanks so much for the additional measurements. I have reached out to some local shops now, let's see what they can do for me. Once the new front is done I will post pics.

Hey checking in and seeing if you had a chance to get those Thermaltake drives....I do not understand why they are so hard to get hands on. I need 3 more bays, as my build has 8 Hard Drives for a raid to back up my data and NAS. 

No luck so far. They said they dont sell them as regular SKU items and the only way the can sell them is if they have a surplus of leftovers...

You would think that if they sell a case that can support that many bays, they would at least sell extras..

Got a similar response the other day as well (looking for the 3.5" drive cages, this seems like a great case for a very large storage array that isn't rack mounted). The response I received was:
"They would be [19.99 USD + Shipping] per Cage & 2-Tray Set. 
Unfortunately we do not have an ETA. The parts we sell are extra/overflow parts as we do not get a lot of them and majority are reserved for warranty replacements.

Best Regards,
Thermaltake Customer Service"

*-this was after they told me it was not currently available 

Yeah, the responses are pretty vague and so far the customer service i have gotten isn't impressive.

From the looks of it, they are missing out on alot of customers that need spare parts and have no interest in setting up a SKU for it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2019 at 2:28 AM, Moldy_Mushroom said:

I've been searching for the Hard drive cages that go in the back, each which support (2) 3.5 inch mechanical drives.

I started my NAS PC build and need to source more.

I contacted thermaltake and was told they do not sell them...

Any other suggestions?

I have tried ebay and craigslist as well and nothing,.

At this point i am considering 3D printing..

Same here: NAS build, lack of 3.5 HDD cages, searched on ebay but the key difference is that I don't live in the US. So I don't have any chances, right?

• 2 months later...

Afternoon everyone! I've been looking for more 3.5 HDD cages since I purchased this thing back in October and I just came across this thread today LOL. 

Has anyone had any update regarding if they're still able to order the mounts?

I'm trying to get my tower supporting over 100TB on an UnRaid server. 

I'm also looking to see if it's possible installing hot-swappable mounting bays as well.

• 1 month later...

It really depends on who you get in touch with, I was about ready to scrap a whole Thermaltake build because of these issues. The funny thing is they advertised this case as modular  but half the people say they don't have the modular parts available. I finally got in touch with the US sales Manger who was helpful 

• 2 weeks later...

I am also looking to build a plex server with this case was wondering if there are any third party hdd cages preferably with a fan on them that would fit? I've been told to get back in touch with Thermaltake in around 4-6 weeks to see if they have stock. would really like to get moving quicker than that so if a third party cage that will work is available I'd rather run with fans mounted on the hdd's anyway.