Core 2 Quad Q6600 on Lenovo Thinkcentre M55 SFF?

Hi, i have 3 PC`s and i want to upgrade my Lenovo ThinkCentre M55 from a C2D E6300 to a C2Q Q6600.

Is it compatible?

I couldn`t find any documentation.

First of all, great job taking initiative and breathing life into a old machine, good on you. Second, maybe consider something I bit beefier, all core2quads work in the 775 socket (except maybe a few weird motherboards). I would suggest a  Q8400, and make sure to overclock it. 

2 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

First of all, great job taking initiative and breathing life into a old machine, good on you. Second, maybe consider something I bit beefier, all core2quads work in the 775 socket (except maybe a few weird motherboards). I would suggest a  Q8400, and make sure to overclock it. 

do OEM motherboards support overclocking?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Well, i am a geek and i saw that the BIOS is a piece of shit it only supports the CPU`s from the era they were selling, it won`t overclock.

I saw that a Q6600 can run but it would say: Unknown CPU BIOS and the fan jumps to 70% ( Jet engine) to protect the CPU because it doesn`t know what cpu is it. I wonder what it will say in the Product information category in the BIOS (pentium 4 =))))

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

do OEM motherboards support overclocking?

I seem to remember hearing that pretty much all 775 boards can overclock. I used a OEM board and overclocked fine

1 minute ago, Criss.KIA said:

Well, i am a geek and i saw that the BIOS is a piece of shit it only supports the CPU`s from the era they were selling, it won`t overclock.

I saw that a Q6600 can run but it would say: Unknown CPU BIOS and the fan jumps to 70% ( Jet engine) to protect the CPU because it doesn`t know what cpu is it. I wonder what it will say in the Product information category in the BIOS (pentium 4 =))))

Update the BIOS maybe? Might be a little hard since it’s a bit old but still within the realm of possibility 

I updated only one motherboard BIOS in my life, and the wall power is well...not so clean let`s say.

Just now, Criss.KIA said:

I updated only one motherboard BIOS in my life, and the wall power is well...not so clean let`s say.

Context please? Did you blow something up?

I have 3 PC`s in total, including the ThinkCentre

Acer Veriton M275

Acer Nitro 5

ThinkCentre M55 SFF

I just fucked up an highend-ish PC 6 years ago because in the middle of the BIOS update the electricity turned off

2 minutes ago, Criss.KIA said:

I just fucked up an highend-ish PC 6 years ago because in the middle of the BIOS update the electricity turned off

Ouch, I get it. I nearly took my head off when a PSU LITERALLY EXPLODED. And that’s why you never touch the little red switch on the back on the power supply

3 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

Ouch, I get it. I nearly took my head off when a PSU LITERALLY EXPLODED. And that’s why you never touch the little red switch on the back on the power supply

Was that the voltage switch? 

Are you having 120 V (US) or 240 V (EU) ?

1 minute ago, Criss.KIA said:

Was that the voltage switch? 

Are you having 120 V (US) or 240 V (EU) ?

It was years ago now, but I’m in aus so I don’t exactly know, sorry

In Australia there is also 240V

1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

It was years ago now, but I’m in aus so I don’t exactly know, sorry

In Australia there is also 240V

I’ll take you word for it then, but whatever it was, it left my ears ringing for about 30 minutes

1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

I’ll take you word for it then, but whatever it was, it left my ears ringing for about 30 minutes

Well...you fucked up a life

Well...you fucked up a life

What life? The little trooper of the cpu survived and so did the HDD. Both are dead now I’m pretty sure but you should’ve seen the insides of the PSU. It looked like some had had toasted it

• 4 years later...

ABCDEFGYVWXYZ

Gracias

Bedanke

Danke

Merci Beaucoup

Tank You

SHow me some love the Hot one not the big one 😄

anyway enjoy Boys & girls os madchen 

image_2023-11-10_051550.png

How ever cpu bios not detected something like computer says on every start but it work like a charm i play Moha 2012 2010 NFS world and of course NSFW too 😄 just don't go above 1066 fsb processor as m55 thinkcenter is rated until 1066 above that i never tried anything except getting kinky with computadora. so go ahead do what ever you like with your computer & post something valuable here just like me . note donot molest your computer with 1333FSB processor it'll never be the same again. Enjoy