Corsair M90 Issues - Does not turn on with reset

jaypro

Hey. I have an odd issue that I can't figure out. I'll explain the issue and then explain what I have tried and hopefully someone will know what to do.

Issue:

Every time I turn on my computer, the mouse does not turn on. I've tried different USB ports, but it still does not turn on.

However, I am able to get the mouse working again by completely uninstalling all of the drivers, installing the drivers, running the firmware update, and then it works again.

I am not talking about my programmable keys not working, or the profiles. I mean every click on the mouse, and even the mouse itself, does not turn on with my computer. This is odd to me because I've never seen a mouse that was not at least partially "plug-and-play".

Also, I have to unplug and replug the USB port just so the computer notices the device, and then the device will fail to install after I plug it in.

This is a brand new mouse that I just bought, so an important thing I wish to know is that if it is some software issue, or is it a hardware issue, because I am still in my "return" window where I can just return it, rather than RMA.

Try it on a different computer, if you get the same thing(which I suspect you will): RMA. If not, then that is a very peculiar problem indeed, and you will need to provide details on you PC (motherboard, OS, etc.)

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

^what he said. try it on a different computer
if the problem is really bad and a waste of time, just return it for a different mouse. or exchange it.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

Do you have Windows 8? Many many gaming mice have trouble with Windows 8. Windows 8 does not permit unsigned drivers at all. For you to be able to use a unit with unsigned drivers you have to enable test mode and sign it yourself, manually. My advice is use Windows 7 until Microsoft gets enough complaints to fix their hack job.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have the same problem as well. My M90 worked for a few hours and It crashed. The lighting effects don't even turn on so I'm suspecting that it isn't a driver issue and there's something else up with it.

When the mouse is working, I actually like the ergonomic-ness and the buttons.  So from what most of you are saying, it's probably an issue with this particular mouse and not all M90s.  I'll probably go exchange it when I have the time.

I have tried it on different computers, but each has its own "issue"

1. I tried my laptop, but it is running Windows 8, and I spent a long time booting in "unsafe" mode to install the drivers and still had issues.

2. I tried a university public computer - it lit up but only movement worked and basic keys (not even scroll wheel), which was extremely odd because no admistrator rights and yadayada.

I bought it from Fry's - Does anyone know if I bring it to Fry's they have computers there that can test whether I have a faulty mouse or if I just have unsupported equipment.

Just in case:

Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Formula - BIOS Version 0903.

Frys should have computers on display and you should be able to test the mouse on those computers and you can request a return if it doesn`t work. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer