1400-1600 Stream/gaming Build

westly
Go to solution Solved by jerubedo,
1 minute ago, westly said:

the screws where reallllly loose aswell

Well then, therein lied your problem. The paste also didn't catch the corners of the IHS. Did you use the pea sized dot in the middle method? If so, this is its potential downfall. I like the method of "painting" on a thin layer with a spreader. It ensures full coverage.

I have a 144hz monitor

I want to stream fortnite

Amazon is my go to for purchase.

Thanks guys 

2 hours ago, westly said:

I have a 144hz monitor

I want to stream fortnite

Amazon is my go to for purchase.

Thanks guys 

This build should do quite nicely for game streaming within your budget.

All of these parts are available on Amazon, albeit at a slightly higher price.

5 hours ago, jerubedo said:

This build should do quite nicely for game streaming within your budget.

All of these parts are available on Amazon, albeit at a slightly higher price.

This looks good.

I have 1700$. This cant be improved any?

Like the case I see cases that have fans in them, are thoughts good>?

Should I get like 32g of ram?

I don't know anything about pc's, I just want the best for my money worth.

Thanks for reply. It helps a lot

1 hour ago, westly said:

This looks good.

I have 1700$. This cant be improved any?

Like the case I see cases that have fans in them, are thoughts good>?

Should I get like 32g of ram?

I don't know anything about pc's, I just want the best for my money worth.

Thanks for reply. It helps a lot

Oh sure, we can make improvements. I was just trying to keep towards the lower end of your budget to save some cash. No, 32GB of RAM won't benefit you much for gaming/streaming. We can improve the tower, PSU, CPU cooler, and the SSD, though!

I'd certainly say this is the best you can get for $1700.

8 hours ago, westly said:

I have a 144hz monitor

if you only have a 1080p 144hz monitor, then just an RTX 2070 will do, you can put the extra budget on a better monitor or save it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($224.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright - Le Grand Macho RT 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - P1 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Video Card  ($489.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1310.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-07 23:56 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

27 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

if you only have a 1080p 144hz monitor, then just an RTX 2070 will do, you can put the extra budget on a better monitor or save it.

It really depends on the game. Like Metro Exodus, for example, can't even maintain 60 FPS at 1080p max settings while streaming on an RTX 2070 let alone at 144 FPS.

Even in Fortnite (which is the primary function of the build) it won't maintain 144 FPS (there's dips into the 120s and they are GPU-bound) at 1080p as seen here:

Whereas the 2080 never dips below 144:

19 hours ago, jerubedo said:

It really depends on the game. Like Metro Exodus, for example, can't even maintain 60 FPS at 1080p max settings while streaming on an RTX 2070 let alone at 144 FPS.

Even in Fortnite (which is the primary function of the build) it won't maintain 144 FPS (there's dips into the 120s and they are GPU-bound) at 1080p as seen here:

Whereas the 2080 never dips below 144:

You guys are awesome, thanks for replying.

So what should I do?

19 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

CPU Cooler: Thermalright - Le Grand Macho RT 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.78 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black w/Tempered Glass) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 

Is this set up more worth it?

Or the 1700, of course this one is but, is it that much more worth it. 

I know I kinda keep asking the same questions but I really just want the money worth, ya know?

I also understand people have different opinions on setups.

I'm running on a gaming laptop

-Processor-intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8CPUs),2.8GHz
-Graphics Card- GeForce GTX 1050Ti
-Installed memory(RAM) 16.0 GB(15.9 GB usable)

I don't know the mother board or the power supply(if it even has one)

^I just want it better than this. Which I don't even know if this is even bad.

Should I just take out the ram and stuff and use thoughts, or should I just get a hole new setup?

If you say yes, the ram want be messed up? Like damaged.

Yes i'll pay 1700, but if a 1500 is just a little bit worse(I mean like 1% worse) than a 1700 setup I would rather pay the 1500.

Thanks again for replying. ❤️ Sorry if there is grammar mistakes or spelling. 

8 minutes ago, westly said:

You guys are awesome, thanks for replying.

So what should I do?

Is this set up more worth it?

I know I kinda keep asking the same questions but I really just want the money worth, ya know?

I also understand people have different opinions on setups.

I'm running on a gaming laptop

-Processor-intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8CPUs),2.8GHz
-Graphics Card- GeForce GTX 1050Ti
-Installed memory(RAM) 16.0 GB(15.9 GB usable)

I don't know the mother board or the power supply(if it even has one)

^I just want it better than this. Which I don't even know if this is even bad.

Should I just take out the ram and stuff and use thoughts, or should I just get a hole new setup?

If you say yes, the ram want be messed up? Like damaged.

Yes i'll pay 1700, but if a 1500 is just a little bit worse(I mean like 1% worse) than a 1700 setup I would rather pay the 1500.

Thanks again for replying. ❤️ Sorry if there is grammar mistakes or spelling. 

For 144 FPS streaming in Fortnite you will indeed want the RTX 2080 builds. So either use the original one I posted for $1439 to save a few dollars or the one I posted for $1700. The cheaper one will have pretty much the same performance but the cutbacks are that the tower is cheaper (and therefore the cooling is slightly worse), the PSU isn't quite as good, but still sufficient, and the SSD is slightly slower and with a worse endurance rating, and finally there's no aftermarket cooler which would basically hamper your ability to overclock.

None of those things are show stoppers by any means and so if performance is all you are after and you want to save a few dollars, go with the cheaper one I posted. For higher build quality overall and better cooling/faster SSD, go with the more expensive one.

And no, you can't take out the RAM from a laptop and use it in a desktop, they are completely different parts and aren't compatible.

1 hour ago, westly said:

If you really want the 2080, you can just add the 2080 windforce into the list i linked, total is $1527 and you still get to keep a great x470 board and cooler.

26 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

If you really want the 2080, you can just add the 2080 windforce into the list i linked, total is $1527 and you still get to keep a great x470 board and cooler.

Whats the differences between the 2?

Also like the cooler. I see coolers on amazon that have 2 fans instead of 1. Is there a difference?

1 hour ago, jerubedo said:

For 144 FPS streaming in Fortnite you will indeed want the RTX 2080 builds. So either use the original one I posted for $1439 to save a few dollars or the one I posted for $1700. The cheaper one will have pretty much the same performance but the cutbacks are that the tower is cheaper (and therefore the cooling is slightly worse), the PSU isn't quite as good, but still sufficient, and the SSD is slightly slower and with a worse endurance rating, and finally there's no aftermarket cooler which would basically hamper your ability to overclock.

None of those things are show stoppers by any means and so if performance is all you are after and you want to save a few dollars, go with the cheaper one I posted. For higher build quality overall and better cooling/faster SSD, go with the more expensive one.

And no, you can't take out the RAM from a laptop and use it in a desktop, they are completely different parts and aren't compatible.

Some of them are out of stock.

can I get like a red setup. Or blue or mixed.

Thank you both for everything.

4 hours ago, westly said:

Some of them are out of stock.

can I get like a red setup. Or blue or mixed.

Thank you both for everything.

Here's a build about as red as you can get:

Red CPU cooler, red RAM, red accented motherboard with red LEDs, red framed tower with red LED fans, and a GPU with an adjustable LED strip that you can set to red (and red accented fans). Again, this build uses the same two core components: the Ryzen 7 2700x and the RTX 2080, both of which are the very best you can get within your budget. This is a high quality build as well. The only thing I would have liked to have upgraded within that price is the SSD, but again, it will be just fine for your needs.

I've also verified all parts are in stock (at the time I'm writing this of course).

5 hours ago, westly said:

Whats the differences between the 2?

difference between what?

14 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

difference between what?

Like a dual cooler vs a solo

Differences between the graphics cards. 

16 hours ago, jerubedo said:

Here's a build about as red as you can get:

Red CPU cooler, red RAM, red accented motherboard with red LEDs, red framed tower with red LED fans, and a GPU with an adjustable LED strip that you can set to red (and red accented fans). Again, this build uses the same two core components: the Ryzen 7 2700x and the RTX 2080, both of which are the very best you can get within your budget. This is a high quality build as well. The only thing I would have liked to have upgraded within that price is the SSD, but again, it will be just fine for your needs.

I've also verified all parts are in stock (at the time I'm writing this of course).

Hey the CPU cooler if I  get a dual cooler is that better. 

Like 2 fans, you know what I mean?

2 hours ago, westly said:

Hey the CPU cooler if I  get a dual cooler is that better. 

Like 2 fans, you know what I mean?

Performance still depends on the specific cooler itself, some single fan coolers perform better than dual fan coolers.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:57 PM, Herman Mcpootis said:

-ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 Advanced Overclocked 8G GDDR6 HDMI DP 1.4 USB Type-C Gaming Graphics Card (ROG-STRIX-RTX-2070-A8G-Gaming)

-Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - CT500P1SSD8

-Seagate BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch - Frustration Free Packaging (ST1000DM010)

-NZXT Kraken X72 360mm - All-in-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler - Infinity Mirror Design - Powered by CAM

-CORSAIR RMX Series (2018), RM650x, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply

-Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Gaming PC Computer Case with Dual Ring Red LED Fans 360mm Water Cooling Radiator Support Tempered Glass and Steel USB 3.0 - CULLINAN V500 Red

-Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 3200 MT/s (PC4-25600) CL16 SR x8 DIMM 288-Pin Memory - BLS2K8G4D32AESEK (Red)

-MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 Onboard Graphics CFX ATX Motherboard (X470 Gaming Plus)

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler - YD270XBGAFBOX

total-1,672.05

with all insured 

look good:?

22 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Performance still depends on the specific cooler itself, some single fan coolers perform better than dual fan coolers.

NZXT Kraken X72 360mm - All-in-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler - Infinity Mirror Design - Powered by CAM

so this isn't a good buy. It has 3 fans.

so just go with your option>? 

25 minutes ago, westly said:

NZXT Kraken X72 360mm - All-in-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler - Infinity Mirror Design - Powered by CAM

I told you that performance depends on the cooler itself, not that more fans = worse.

1 hour ago, westly said:

You said you wanted a red build with the best parts for the money for your needs. See my last build, it covers all the bases. That single fan red CPU cooler is very good. It beats many dual fan ones. See below. It's only 7 degrees warmer at full load than the top air cooler on the market:

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS85L1AvNzQxNjYxL29yaWdpbmFsL0FyY3RpY0ZyZWV6ZXIzM19lU3BvcnRzX0VkaXRpb25fVGVtcGVyYXR1cmVPdmVyQW1iaWVudC.png

57 minutes ago, westly said:

It's a good cooler, but at that point you're spending way too much and sacrificing for a worse GPU and less SSD storage. 

7 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

It's a good cooler, but at that point you're spending way too much and sacrificing for a worse GPU and less SSD storage. 

okay thanks

14 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

7777.PNG.12befb84c745301633e59ca496e9c2c7.PNG7777666.PNG.b4ab55c3e20a804ec720ea86d04d201c.PNG7777777.PNG.d58e97fa03783f2f4fa59be7f45f9812.PNG77777777777.PNG.8c94aa7125b3d7046a4d675986721554.PNG

This look good?

1 minute ago, westly said:

77777777777.PNG.8c94aa7125b3d7046a4d675986721554.PNG

a good 500-550w PSU is good enough, get a scythe fuma instead of the esports one. cut down to a ryzen 2700 and use the money for a 1440p 144hz monitor instead since you're gonna oc.