1400-1600 Stream/gaming Build

westly
Go to solution Solved by jerubedo,
1 minute ago, westly said:

the screws where reallllly loose aswell

Well then, therein lied your problem. The paste also didn't catch the corners of the IHS. Did you use the pea sized dot in the middle method? If so, this is its potential downfall. I like the method of "painting" on a thin layer with a spreader. It ensures full coverage.

5 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

For now, put everything back to stock settings and do whatever you'd normally do on your computer for a while. Play some games, browse the internet, etc. If it's stable for a few hours you likely didn't receive any defective hardware (although to be 100% sure you could run Prime95 and/or Memtest overnight). So once you determine you're stable, then follow a guide. Here's a good one:

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-ryzen-overclock/

Overclocking is a game of patience and a lot of testing.

thank you

1 hour ago, jerubedo said:

I think you clocked your RAM a bit too high. 3600MHz is a pretty hefty OC on 3200MHz RAM (if you want to shoot for that you need to loosen the timings). Your vcore voltage is also very high @1.408V. I'm not sure why when you have the CPU clock speed at 3.7. What were you trying to do?

Also, no, 41C is not considered hot per se, but it is warm for idle/sitting in the BIOS (probably due to the high voltage). 

And no the blue screen is definitely because instability due to the above, not because of not buying Windows. 

the voltage is alleady on auto 

the voltage is alleady on auto 

The voltage is likely being bumped up in relation to the RAM OC (I'm not sure exactly how you went about bumping it up to 3600), just a guess though. Reset all the settings by using the option in the BIOS "Restore Default Settings" or similar. Once you do that, the only thing you should do is activate X.M.P. Profile 2, nothing else. Then save and reboot.

17 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

The voltage is likely being bumped up in relation to the RAM OC (I'm not sure exactly how you went about bumping it up to 3600), just a guess though. Reset all the settings by using the option in the BIOS "Restore Default Settings" or similar. Once you do that, the only thing you should do is activate X.M.P. Profile 2, nothing else. Then save and reboot.

now it wont connect to my monitor....

19 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

nether will my keyboad or mouse. Its like the power its on but it is

now it wont connect to my monitor....

Ok, let's just clear the CMOS then and change absolutely nothing. Unplug the power supply, remove the round battery on the motherboard, hold down the power button for 5 seconds, put the battery back in, plug the PSU back in, and then turn it on again.

19 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Ok, let's just clear the CMOS then and change absolutely nothing. Unplug the power supply, remove the round battery on the motherboard, hold down the power button for 5 seconds, put the battery back in, plug the PSU back in, and then turn it on again.

IMG_0373.thumb.JPG.ae244fb49d6205a01f615f9805a79fa0.JPG

the big cord on the left?

The pc turns on but no monitor and other stuff wont connect

879403599_IMG_03761.thumb.JPG.06107eb628fa05e41bf895b9dfb8b41d.JPG

I add the monitor connect to the rtx right? The back plugins?

9 minutes ago, westly said:

IMG_0373.thumb.JPG.ae244fb49d6205a01f615f9805a79fa0.JPG

the big cord on the left?

The pc turns on but no monitor and other stuff wont connect

879403599_IMG_03761.thumb.JPG.06107eb628fa05e41bf895b9dfb8b41d.JPG

I add the monitor connect to the rtx right? The back plugins?

That's correct, you plug it into the back.

But, umm... Did you take that first picture upside down? If not, you mounted your motherboard upside down.

Edit: never mind, the picture is indeed just upside down, otherwise the rear of the GPU wouldn't be coming through the back of the tower like it is, nor would the motherboard backplate :P.

If clearing the CMOS didn't work, you could try to re-seat your RAM. They might not have been seated 100% properly which could have also been the cause of the BSOD as well as why it isn't posting now. Remove the sticks and then put them back in.

Just now, jerubedo said:

If clearing the CMOS didn't work, you could try to re-seat your RAM. They might not have been seated properly. Remove the sticks and then put them back in.

whats the CMOS?

566174311_IMG_03791.thumb.jpg.b9ab0e770217b93be40d574aad68e123.jpg

I have unplugged thoughts. the bottom one is the f_panel 

ill do the ram rn

thanks for helping me

IMG_0379[1].JPG

12 minutes ago, westly said:

whats the CMOS?

I have unplugged thoughts. the bottom one is the f_panel 

ill do the ram rn

thanks for helping me

Oh no, when I said to unplug the power supply, I meant from the wall (or hopefully a surge protector to be more accurate), not from every component. So unplug it from the wall, remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard (circled below in green), hold down the power button for 5 seconds, actually make it 10 seconds just to be thorough, put that battery back in the same way you found it, plug the power supply back into the wall, and turn it on.

product_10_20180412144314_5acf0002d7ff0.png

7 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Oh no, when I said to unplug the power supply, I meant from the wall (or hopefully a surge protector to be more accurate), not from every component. So unplug it from the wall, remove the battery from the motherboard (circled below in green), hold down the power button for 5 seconds, actually make it 10 seconds just to be thorough, put that battery back in the same way you found it, plug the power supply back into the wall, and turn it on.

trying it rn 

29 minutes ago, westly said:

trying it rn 

37 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Oh no, when I said to unplug the power supply, I meant from the wall (or hopefully a surge protector to be more accurate), not from every component. So unplug it from the wall, remove the battery from the motherboard (circled below in green), hold down the power button for 5 seconds, actually make it 10 seconds just to be thorough, put that battery back in the same way you found it, plug the power supply back into the wall, and turn it on.

427796153_IMG_03801.thumb.JPG.a980f3c026ae6440f193534058692e8e.JPG

It turned on. where do i go? i cant find all defalt button

2 minutes ago, westly said:

It turned on. where do i go? i cant find all defalt button

No need to do that now. What we just did forced everything to default. NOW just set the XMP profile to profile 2, and try your computer out for a while!

4 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

No need to do that now. What we just did forced everything to default. NOW just set the XMP profile to profile 2, and try your computer out for a while!

hell to the yes thank you.

5 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

the voltage is still the same though 

That vCore is still FREAKING high for stock. You might need a BIOS update, I'm not sure. @LukeSavenije, @GoldenLag do you guys have any ideas here? To sum up the issue, we've cleared the CMOS on this new build to put the BIOS back to all stock settings. In the BIOS menu on a 2700x at stock, the vCore is 1.416 volts which is very high for stock. My understanding is that it should be at about 1.35v 1.25v or so on stock at LOAD. I'm hoping a BIOS update might fix the issue.

3 minutes ago, westly said:

the voltage is still the same though 

We should take a look at what voltages look like in Windows just to see if this is maybe a BIOS quirk. Get into Windows, download CPU-Z, and tell me what the voltage looks like while just sitting on the desktop. Give it a minute to allow any background tasks to finish up as part of the boot process.

I finally found a reliable source. Bear in mind that all chips are different, so you can't expect results to be exactly the same, but they should be close. This is what voltages should look like on the 2700x:

r7-1700-vs-2700x-volt-frequency_1.png

14 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

We should take a look at what voltages look like in Windows just to see if this is maybe a BIOS quirk. Get into Windows, download CPU-Z, and tell me what the voltage looks like while just sitting on the desktop. Give it a minute to allow any background tasks to finish up as part of the boot process.

278633442_IMG_03821.thumb.JPG.b185de9a1167a30054eca6803ec5ea53.JPG945388894_IMG_03811.thumb.JPG.86ab61278921eeaa74c106381f3f4077.JPG

its lower right?

core speed would jump to 4k 1%

highest for volt spped was 1.3

6 minutes ago, westly said:

its lower right?

Yep, that second screen shot especially looks much better for idle. It must have just been a BIOS quirk then. Let's do one last thing. Switch over to the bench tab at the top and run the bench and then tell me what the voltages look like then. Better yet, take a picture like you did previously. If everything looks good, go on and enjoy your new PC for a while and if everything is stable, then try OCing step by step taking it slow. And don't start by OCing the RAM. Leave that on its XMP profile. and OC the CPU.

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

Yep, that second screen shot especially looks much better for idle. It must have just been a BIOS quirk then. Let's do one last thing. Switch over to the bench tab at the top and run the bench and then tell me what the voltages look like then. Better yet, take a picture like you did previously. If everything looks good, go on and enjoy your new PC for a while and if everything is stable, then try OCing step by step taking it slow.

I will sec, thanks for everything