Sufficient Air Cooling Advice for Gtx 770 & 4670k

Borkpaladin

I'm going to be building my first rig in a corsair graphite series 230T case, and I'm not sure if the three fans it comes with will be adequate cooling for a gtx 770 and a 4670k (both of which I will apply a small stable overclock too).

The case comes with two 120mm intake fans at the front, and one 120mm fan at the back. It has room for more 120 or 140mm fans on the top and one on the bottom, however I'm not sure how to situate them to cool the system effectively and keep dust out.

I'm also unsure of which fans to buy, although I am considering getting some more corsair fans with red leds just for the looks.

What GPU and what CPU heatsink?

you should be fine, I have 3 intake + 1 exhaust 140mm Fractal fans that I run at 5v with my top vents plugged. While quiet, they can't push a Kleenex. To further agitate things I have it in my deathtrap R4 oven, and I still get decent thermals with a heavily overclocked 770 and an overclocked 8150 in there as well.

you should be ok stock, but spend a little cash and add koalaty fans in the future as upgrades. 

Error: 410

if your looking for a beast cpu cooler that you can oc with you can get the nh d14 only costs around $70
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

What GPU and what CPU heatsink?

you should be fine, I have 3 intake + 1 exhaust 140mm Fractal fans that I run at 5v. While quiet, they can't push a Kleenex. To further agitate things I have it in my deathtrap R4 oven, and I still get decent thermals with a heavily overclocked 770 and an overclocked 8150 in there as well.

you should be ok stock, but spend a little cash and add quality fans in the future as upgrades. 

My gpu is a Gtx 770 Asus direct CU II OC, and the cpu cooler is a hyper 212X.

Also, what fans would you recommend?

The stock fans should be adequate.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Wait until you put everything together, if the temperatures or noise is a problem then add/change fans. 

Error: 410

Also, are there any other cpu coolers besides the 212X or the 212 evo around $50 that would be recommended?

Because I might have a bit of trouble getting hold of either of them for a few months.

Will the system draw in much dust with the stock configuration of the fans?

Also, are there any other cpu coolers besides the 212X or the 212 evo around $50 that would be recommended?

Because I might have a bit of trouble getting hold of either of them for a few months.

Where are you shopping/located?

Will the system draw in much dust with the stock configuration of the fans?

As much dust as what?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Where are you shopping/located?

As much dust as what?

I'm located in Australia, and I mean will the system suck in dust very quickly so that I will have to frequently clean it out (e.g. fortnightly)

Honestly, call me crazy, but I would fill up as many fan mounts as possible and then tweak the fan speed to get that sweet spot between temperature and noise. Be sure to have at least one more intake than exhaust, it helps with dust. However, if you are on a budget, then buy as many as you can afford. Just remember, if you wan't better dust filtration, be sure to have an adequate environment and have more intakes than exhausts

I have a 4670k with Hyper 212+ (just like you), and you'll be getting from 25-30 degrees with good to awesome cooling. 

Stock fans will be fine for start. I'd remove exhaust and place 2 on top instead. DU2 coolers are very good and silent if you are willing to loose some performance. Mine is running stock and doesn't go over 77 on gaming with fan maxed at 45%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm located in Australia, and I mean will the system suck in dust very quickly so that I will have to frequently clean it out (e.g. fortnightly)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23&products_id=19993

Just get dust filters.