Which Addressable LEDs SHould I get

Omikse

I am now starting to sound like a broken record and I hope I got it in the right section this time. I have in 2 different sections with very little answers with my question not answered although I found out the answer to one of my questions myself. Anywho, to my point. I am wanting to string up some addressable light strips inside my house so I can change the colors according to the season or just for the hell of it on non holiday days. So I would like to know, in ya'lls opinion, which lights should I buy. I have already bought a Ardunio Uno R3 so I can control the lights but I am finding it difficult to find the right lights. I have looked at a few so far but just can't make up my mind. And reviews are no help since most put addressable and non-addressable together. Can some one point me to some good lights? Preferably 5m with 60 per meter or more and a kit as well. Thanks for any help that might be given. 

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

Depends on what you want and the budget is.

WS2811/WS2812 family, WS2801, SK6812 family, SM16703P ..... 

Yes budget is a factor. I do not want to put to much into it but I also want it to look nice. I was probably going to go with the WS2812b family. I want to go around the room I am in most of the time for a little extra lighting and to change it for the particular holiday and some cool effects. I recently bought a couple of Tingkam 32.6ft RGB light but turned out to be non-addressable. That was before I really researched it. Those lights made it most of the way around the room so I know I will need at least 6 16.4ft lights. I will most likely need a couple of power supplies as well but I might be able to get away with 1 if I get the right ampage and wattage and that is if I can string them all at once instead of adding extra power along the line. Oh and by the way, thanks for the quick reply. You are the first to reply with a day let along and hour. So any more info you might need please let me know.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

32 minutes ago, James Evens said:

WS2812B

bad colour accuracy, low PWM frequency, not the brightest ones but cheap

with 5m inject from both sides the power. The off the shelf strips have presoldered connectors on both ends.

With that being said, what would you suggest. Would you suggest one over the other?

Ws2812b. Hands down. They're cheap as beans, bright, vibrant, and easy to control. 

ASU

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Ws2812b. Hands down. They're cheap as beans, bright, vibrant, and easy to control. 

I was leaning this way so thanks. But would have gone better if it wasn't to much more.

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

Nothing else on a budget. The biggest compromise for your application is the 400 Hz PWM frequency. 

All the alternatives cost significantly more and are only worth it in this case if you are extremely sensitive to light flickering at 400 Hz or eye strain.

I am not worried about the blinking and the frequency for the small area I am planning I do not think will matter but I think I will stick with the WS2812B's since I am on a budget. Thanks for the help guys. Is there a particular company or brand you would suggest because all the ones I see on eBay and Amazon seem to have the same ratings from customers.