My PC bluescreens when 2nd GPU is installed

lolzisgoodforu

So as soon as I installed a GTX 1050 as a second card to have my 2 other monitors plugged into for things like youtube and having my OBS preview on, while my main monitor is plugged into my 1070 ti for gaming, my PC bluescreens at least once a day, sometimes twice. I've tried to predict when it happens but it just seems random. Sometimes it's when I'm gaming, sometimes it's when I'm on the desktop doing basically noting. Now when I have only 1 monitor plugged into it, it bluescreens much less, maybe once every couple days. But when I have all my monitors plugged into my 1070 ti and just have the 1050 installed and basically doing nothing then the whole pc is fine and it doesn't bluescreen. I have done everything I can think of, even completely wiped my drive and reinstalled windows. I have an 850w 80+ gold psu so I don't think power is the problem. I've stress tested everything in my system for days on end, but to no avail. I even had a different GTX 1050 and 980 ti, and I tried using both of those cards as second GPU's but the bluescreens persisted until I had all my monitors plugged into my main card. What the heck is going on?

While there's nothing stopping you , and you certainly can have multiple different GPUs in your computer, I'm not sure if it's the best idea (unless they're both the same).

If you wanted more monitors, why not plug them into your 1070?  Last time I checked, all modern graphics cards had more than two display outputs.  You might need an adapter, i.e. HDMI to displayport, but that seems like a good price to pay to get rid of the daily bluescreens.

10 hours ago, Tad Bittoomuch said:

While there's nothing stopping you , and you certainly can have multiple different GPUs in your computer, I'm not sure if it's the best idea (unless they're both the same).

If you wanted more monitors, why not plug them into your 1070?  Last time I checked, all modern graphics cards had more than two display outputs.  You might need an adapter, i.e. HDMI to displayport, but that seems like a good price to pay to get rid of the daily bluescreens.

Because when I have the 2 other monitors connected to the gpu I'm gaming on while having a youtube video for instance on 1 monitor and the obs preview on another it drops the framerate somewhat and I turn off the OBS preview because it causes a small amount of input lag when it's enabled and being shown on my main graphics card. yes Its a small price to pay to get rid of the bluescreens but It's just more convenient to have them being rendered by my other GPU. For now that's exactly what I'm doing, I just wanted to see if anyone knew the cause of why the bluescreens were happening in the first place.

12 hours ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

-snip-

Well, in that case...

I'd say it's something to do with Nvidia not emphasising SLI anymore, something to do with the new drivers and such.  There also might be something in the control panel you may need to tweak to get it to work properly without bluescreening, i.e. disabling SLI maybe or configuring Nvidia Mosaic or something.

Other than that, your setup is an extreme edge case the likes of which I haven't seen or heard of since people used to use PhysX cards.  Perhaps that's why Windows doesn't know what the hell is going on and just gives up.