Does the GT 1030 support Nvidia Ansel

So i just started play 'Estranged Act II' and i got a pop-up mentioning Nvidia ansel. I pressed alt-F2 and it works. Nvidia ansel...? nvidias website says the gt 1030 doesn't support it but it just worked?

Thanks for any help

P.S It only works in Estranged Act II (or thats the only game i've noticed with it)

And...the screenshot it took looks fabulous.

It also worked on watch dogs 2

I read that ansel works on selected games

7 hours ago, Michal161 said:

It also worked on watch dogs 2

I read that ansel works on selected games

But idk why, was there an update in a driver that allowed ansel? 

Because i know that ansels supported on select games but why's it work on the gt 1030

ansel is a software feature that basically is a no clip mode for taking screenshots. almost all game engine have no clip, but ansel is just a nvidia trademarked thing where they give incentives to game dev to to implement this feature. it doesnt not require dedicated hardware to do free viewangle and filters, unlike real time raytracing or hardware video encoding.

and 1030 is a very weak graphics card, i dont know whether or not nvidia allow ansel to run on it. but i do know it cant even run most modern games reasonably well, as ansel usually implemented on big titles, not csgo, dota and lol.

bottom line, just a gimmick, dont waste money on features you'll only use for a couple of times.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!