Trying to switch between headphones and sound bar windows 10

Elysimo

So I recently setup a sound bar with my pc but I am having issues switching between the soundbar and my headset, If I want the sound to come out of my sound bar I need to taker my headphones out. I am using a Hyper X revolver which uses a 3.5mm audio jack and I think this is what is causing the issue because I am also using a 3.5mm audio jack for the sound bar. I searched this up online and nothing seems to help and I think the only fix would be to somehow get windows 10 to recognise the two audio jacks as separate devices but I am not sure on how to do this. If anyone has any suggestiions it would be greatly appreciated.

is the sound bar on the headphone jack to the rear of the pc and your headphones are on the front

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

2 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

is the sound bar on the headphone jack to the rear of the pc and your headphones are on the front

yes

If you right click on that arrow, you can choose your sound output

image.png.7e596aff2c04e833360142be0a5b5b9a.png

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

I would go into "Sounds" and see if you can change that, if not, get comfy with unplugging the headphones

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Try opening up realtek audio manager and check separate all input jacks as independent input devices. 

1 minute ago, wron said:

Try opening up realtek audio manager and check separate all input jacks as independent input devices. 

image.png.6af0152c3e349f1035f5b8f0d3bdf576.png

it only does it for input devices I need output

well if I change the speaker configuration to 7.1 it changes to my sound bar

1 minute ago, Elysimo said:

image.png.6af0152c3e349f1035f5b8f0d3bdf576.png

it only does it for input devices I need output

Yes, but I've heard it sometimes can make the speakers show up on the audio list, check there.

1 minute ago, wron said:

Yes, but I've heard it sometimes can make the speakers show up on the audio list, check there.

No doesn't show up separate just shows up as speakers and shows in the picture it is using both the audio jacks for the same output.

image.png.7b7791b1cdbfb9a3db0b61575a4c8a28.png

1 hour ago, Elysimo said:

yes

dose the sound bar ahve a different input like optical audio

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:54 PM, Acid Panda said:

dose the sound bar ahve a different input like optical audio

it has hdmi,optical and usb

5 hours ago, Elysimo said:

well try using one of the different inputs it might split the audio in to different channels

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

you most likely have TWO (little speakers) on your taskbar, 1 white one (default windows), and then another (realtek sound manager).

the white speaker on task bar, click it and open up the volume control,  (there maybe more than 1 volume control),  left click may bring up a single volume control, while "right click" and then choosing volume control brings up a mixer/volume control.    you want the mixer/volume control,   

the mixer/volume control may show, a game, firefox, google, VLC, etc.. apps currently playing audio, and then a master volume slider,  the master volume slider, should have a little arrow beside to choose between output sources.  select between head phones and digital, etc... from there. should work. 

if you were in VLC, i would have you go up to "audio" then "audio device" then select what to send sound to.  same thing, just finding the "mixer/master volume" within the correct icons on the task bar. and may need to right click to bring up the correct menu on the icons. 

On 3/20/2019 at 12:09 PM, Elysimo said:

So I recently setup a sound bar with my pc but I am having issues switching between the soundbar and my headset, If I want the sound to come out of my sound bar I need to taker my headphones out. I am using a Hyper X revolver which uses a 3.5mm audio jack and I think this is what is causing the issue because I am also using a 3.5mm audio jack for the sound bar. I searched this up online and nothing seems to help and I think the only fix would be to somehow get windows 10 to recognise the two audio jacks as separate devices but I am not sure on how to do this. If anyone has any suggestiions it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Its Not Switching Because You Do Not Have Two Soundcards On The System Connected If Your Device Has Bluetooth You Could Pair it Via Bluetooth (if Your Device and Soundbar Have Bluetooth) And Your Headphones Via Cable To Your Device. In The Video Basically Im Showing How To Change Your Audio Device On The Computer In The Way I Do It In This Case I Have My Monitor via HDMI and My Headphones Via The Output Of My Laptop.I Hope This Help You And Other People

On 3/23/2019 at 10:50 PM, boggen said:

you most likely have TWO (little speakers) on your taskbar, 1 white one (default windows), and then another (realtek sound manager).

the white speaker on task bar, click it and open up the volume control,  (there maybe more than 1 volume control),  left click may bring up a single volume control, while "right click" and then choosing volume control brings up a mixer/volume control.    you want the mixer/volume control,   

the mixer/volume control may show, a game, firefox, google, VLC, etc.. apps currently playing audio, and then a master volume slider,  the master volume slider, should have a little arrow beside to choose between output sources.  select between head phones and digital, etc... from there. should work. 

if you were in VLC, i would have you go up to "audio" then "audio device" then select what to send sound to.  same thing, just finding the "mixer/master volume" within the correct icons on the task bar. and may need to right click to bring up the correct menu on the icons. 

thanks for the help but it didn't work :/

On 3/25/2019 at 12:42 AM, Lesantir_12 said:

Hi Its Not Switching Because You Do Not Have Two Soundcards On The System Connected If Your Device Has Bluetooth You Could Pair it Via Bluetooth (if Your Device and Soundbar Have Bluetooth) And Your Headphones Via Cable To Your Device. In The Video Basically Im Showing How To Change Your Audio Device On The Computer In The Way I Do It In This Case I Have My Monitor via HDMI and My Headphones Via The Output Of My Laptop.I Hope This Help You And Other People

Video_1553459914.wmv

In heinsight I should have used usb but I have now bought that 3.5mm cable as well as an extension cable so I am just going to have to deal with unfortunately thanks for the help everyone greatly appreciated.

On 3/23/2019 at 7:16 AM, Elysimo said:

Use The HDMI To the Soundbar And From The Soundbar to Your Display  and when you are using the headphones you switch them when you are using the headphones on the volume control.And I Think That You Always Need To have the Soundbar turned On Inclusive if you are using the headphones