Questions about monitors with sRGB and with/without Adobe RGB for graphics

yoshiii

Hello,

How important is it to have a monitor that has Adobe RGB for doing print work in graphic design vs only having 100% sRGB?

I am deciding between a monitor that does 144hz, is IPS and 1440p, 27" with I believe 100%RGB maybe a little less, a monitor for almost twice the price which is 4K 144hz but 27" but has the Quantaum Dots and I believe gets 100%RGB and Adobe RGB and a monitor that is 32" 4K with 60hz which sits in between the two other monitors in price.

I want to do graphic design on it as well as 3D design, video editing and of course play games. I have a RTX 2070.

If you're uploading to the web adobe rgb is irrelevant as you have to convert to srgb anyway

1 hour ago, yoshiii said:

Hello,

How important is it to have a monitor that has Adobe RGB for doing print work in graphic design vs only having 100% sRGB?

I am deciding between a monitor that does 144hz, is IPS and 1440p, 27" with I believe 100%RGB maybe a little less, a monitor for almost twice the price which is 4K 144hz but 27" but has the Quantaum Dots and I believe gets 100%RGB and Adobe RGB and a monitor that is 32" 4K with 60hz which sits in between the two other monitors in price.

I want to do graphic design on it as well as 3D design, video editing and of course play games. I have a RTX 2070.

If you're willing to sacrifice refresh rate, I would suggest getting the 32" 4K, as long as it does the full AdobeRGB gamut. You won't be hitting 144hz with a 2070, but the extra real estate is very useful when working with your images.

Print work is interesting in that the print gamut is smaller in totality than the AdobeRGB space, but extends out past it when working with certain mediums.

download.jpg.29eceb9000f2f9b23b19e5eaa907f0a9.jpg

As you can see, working with as much of the Adobe space as you can will let you do the best job of mastering and proofing the print before it's sent off.