compatibility check request

Brianmck2011

hey everyone, i'm putting together a new build to phase out my old rig (Gigabyte EP45-UD3, intel core2 duo 3.0Ghz, 1x4 DDR2 [yes, i know it's old as dirt!]) and i was just hoping to have more sets of eyes take a look at the parts list to look for incompatibilities or just general rookie moves. thanks in advance, and i'll be sure to post pics when it's built :)

Gamemax-BK
gigbyte Z390 auros pro wifi
i7 8700 6 core 4.6ghz
GTX 960 4gb
Ripjaws V 16gb(2x8) DDR4 3000
EVGA 650 GQ modular
cooler master RR-212L

Why not get cheaper mobo+CPU, and get better GPU?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

i already have the GPU on my current rig and am buying the rest of the build. i only play A or AA titles, so i'm not really in a situation that calls for any of the advanced features or power in the newer generations of GPU's. i might go up to a 1080ti at some point, but at the moment the 960 suffices :)

(primary games are WOW, League, starcraft, and CS:GO)

the biggest problem i've faced in the upgrade is that i have to replace everything but the GPU and HD's because of how far behind everything else is (and the unfortunate timing of LGA 775 vs LGA 11**)

Then either get unlocked CPU, or step down the motherboard because why would you need one of the top Z390 boards with the CPU that cannot be overclocked.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

that part is actually intentional. I don't want to run into the same bottleneck problem a couple years down the road like i did this time, and i got a fairly good price for the MB

it's a weird combo... i think this would fit much better

out of curiosity, what makes the combo weird? 

side note, i'm still in the intel > amd boat because it's hard to reprogram perceptions after this long, so idk about the r5 2600

I would go for an Asus or MSI Mobo.

Just a personal preference.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

19 minutes ago, Brianmck2011 said:

that part is actually intentional. I don't want to run into the same bottleneck problem a couple years down the road like i did this time, and i got a fairly good price for the MB

Then why not go for a 8700K instead of 8700? You will be overclock 8700K in future if you run into a bottleneck in future.

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

4 minutes ago, Rex_G said:

Then why not go for a 8700K instead of 8700? You will be overclock 8700K in future if you run into a bottleneck in future.

because in all honesty, if i were going to pay the extra $60 for the K i would just as well make the jump to the 9700 series considering that it would only be another $40 to go from the 8700k to the 9700k

i'm not exactly trying to "futureproof" but i am trying to at least get into the modern era with some expansion room down the road if that makes sense ?