ASUS STRIX RTX2060 or AORUS RTX2060 EXTREME

I plan to get a RTX2060 card, which brand should i get in terms of customer service, performance, durability ? Any help guys

why such high end cards? it makes more sense to step down or go up to a 2070 if you aren't getting one heck of a deal out of it

evga black/xc sounds like something for you

31 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

why such high end cards? it makes more sense to step down or go up to a 2070 if you aren't getting one heck of a deal out of it

evga black/xc sounds like something for you

Get which ever is cheaper.  Both will overclock well.  Both have excellent RMA and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

I can’t comment on the aorus card but I do own the strix 2060. Performance wise my strix has been awesome. Boost clock gets up to 1960 all the time on it. The card is huge but for good reason, it stays pretty damn cool and it clocks extremely high. 

I paid $400 for my strix and sold the anthem code for $40. So all in all I’m $360 into the strix and in my eyes it was well worth it. 

I hate the single fan cards, I think they are ugly as hell and way too compact. I’m also not a fan of the rtx2070 at 1080p either. My friend got the 2070 for a little more and the difference isn’t that big. We play the same games all the time together and the difference in frame rate isn’t worth the extra $100+ to me. I’m sure 1440p is probably a different ball game but at 1080p high refresh rate the 2060 gets the job done 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Hi,

I recently git the strix due to the cooler; that X on the aorus gave me a gut feeling warning for turbulence and thus more noise (which is speculation and likely nonsense i admit).The strix is "overkill" vrm and cooler wise but i have a "silent as possible" rig and for me the few extra bucks was worth just that. Also im using fanconnect with it (my mobo just has 2 fanheaders, and bios wont connect curve to GPU). 

As for the fans on the card they can be controlled in two curves: Left+rirght and center. I tweaked everything now and can play under full load near silent (case fans are noctua) at sub 60c temps for all components (gpu, cpu, mobo).

I guess i got lucky with my sample as it happily runs at 2040 clock for hours under full (bf5 with rtx on) load (basically reaching 2070 performance as outlined in some reviews; modulo the 2gb ram diff of course).

Subjectively I preffered asus brand over gigabyte although thats just silly being based on having owned asus products before (mobo's) which never had any issues even when used and abused to max capacity; never had gigabyte stuff et-all though... 

On the subject of pricepoint and "why" instead of a cheap 2070 (strix 2060 and "palit" like brands 2070 are 100+ euro apart here where i live): i was put off by the 2070 like 2080(ti) seemingly dying like flies. Didnt want to end up spending more to wind up with a cheap noisy cooler and possibly "problem" model gpu, just to get 2gb more vram.

The only thing i dont like is that the external fan through fanconnect doesnt show up anywhere as a sensor in hwinfo (the tool i neurotically glance over for all temps and rpms just to get me that warm and fuzzy feeling of running a both cool and silent system ? so i need gpu tweak to monitor the extra intake fan (its hidden behind a foam padded sound reduction door).

Just my 2cts, your milage might vary ;)