Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sal4d

First Gaming PC Build

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm planning on building a PC primarily for gaming and streaming. I am willing to spend some money on the aesthetic. This is what I got so far.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/C99G4q

With 

https://www.amazon.com/Antec-Supply-Sleeved-Extension-Length-x/dp/B07C6CLXW8/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1549692669&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=psu+cable+extension&dpPl=1&dpID=41UFsZZzjXL&ref=plSrch

Looking for more experienced builders opinions?

-Sal4d

Looks pretty good to me. 

I would get the Zotac AMP over the Gigabyte 2060, though.

2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER

No need for the fans, overpriced PSU.

I like PSUs for some odd reason. Feel free to ask me about PSU questions.

Helios EVO: Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | Sapphire AMD RX VEGA 64 | Define C TG | Corsair CX550M | Cooler Master Hyper 212 BLACK RGB

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 3.0 | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

Quick PSU Whitelist: Cooler Master MasterWatt/V/MasterWatt Maker/MIJ, EVGA x2/xQ bar BQ, All Corsair grey units bar VS and HXi/AXi, All SeaSonic bar M12II series/ECO, Thermaltake Toughpower line/iRGB +

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

swap out the cheapest mobo , go 2nd cheapest with much better quality, eg asrock b450m pro4

get 2.5" sata instead of m.2 sata ssd.

do you really need all those fans??

I don't like the CPU. Instead you should go for either Ryzen 5 2600X or the Ryzen 7 2700X. Just so you have the more powerful and better overclockable version. Also, having 2 monitors with a diffrent refrshrate might feel off. So you'd best get 2 with either 144hz or 60hz

8 minutes ago, Tribster said:

I don't like the CPU. Instead you should go for either Ryzen 5 2600X or the Ryzen 7 2700X. Just so you have the more powerful and better overclockable version. Also, having 2 monitors with a diffrent refrshrate might feel off. So you'd best get 2 with either 144hz or 60hz

Ones for gaming one is just a and boyo

11 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

swap out the cheapest mobo , go 2nd cheapest with much better quality, eg asrock b450m pro4

get 2.5" sata instead of m.2 sata ssd.

do you really need all those fans??

That isn't the cheapest. Cheapest was like 80 I tink

13 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

No need for the fans, overpriced PSU.

Reccomended psu? I heard your the psu guy. Gooing for 550 to withstand future upgrades and OC's

10 minutes ago, Tribster said:

you can oc the 2600 darn near to 2600x speeds with a decent cooler, but the value to power ratio is much in favor of the 2600.  I would however second the asrcok pro4 b450m

5 minutes ago, Type 2501 said:

I heard MSI made the best B450 boards in this generation, des any of you guys actually use one?

I do. See sig

MoBo: MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon ACCPU: Ryzen 2700x 1.36V @ 4.15GhZ  | Cooler: NZXT  Kraken X52  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour +186MhZ /+500MhZ | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDPSU: RM550x (2018) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C white |  Mouse: Logitech G pro Wireless | MonitorGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I do.

How is it?

I am using an asus prime x470. The temperature sensor is not very accurate, no debug led, and useless vrm heat sink. Other than that, quite a solid board. But I can't help to think if I will be better off buying one from MSI.

31 minutes ago, Tribster said:

2600 is overclockable. They are binned identically.

21 minutes ago, Sal4d said:

Reccomended psu? I heard your the psu guy. Gooing for 550 to withstand future upgrades and OC's

It would be this:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/dDH48d/corsair-txm-gold-550w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020133-na

It's not fully modular, but it's modular enough.

18 minutes ago, Type 2501 said:

I heard MSI made the best B450 boards in this generation, des any of you guys actually use one?

Well, it really depends on the board. This is coming from a person who has money to gain from MSI having high sales (bonus = good food!)

I like PSUs for some odd reason. Feel free to ask me about PSU questions.

Helios EVO: Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | Sapphire AMD RX VEGA 64 | Define C TG | Corsair CX550M | Cooler Master Hyper 212 BLACK RGB

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 3.0 | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3

Quick PSU Whitelist: Cooler Master MasterWatt/V/MasterWatt Maker/MIJ, EVGA x2/xQ bar BQ, All Corsair grey units bar VS and HXi/AXi, All SeaSonic bar M12II series/ECO, Thermaltake Toughpower line/iRGB +

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, LienusLateTips said:

Well, it really depends on the board. This is coming from a person who has money to gain from MSI having high sales (bonus = good food!)

I thought MSI just Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V their VRM design between the B450 boards. I know the Tomahawk is good, so I assume most of them share the same design are good for its price.

13 minutes ago, Type 2501 said:

How is it?

I am using an asus prime x470. The temperature sensor is not very accurate, no debug led, and useless vrm heat sink. Other than that, quite a solid board. But I can't help to think if I will be better off buying one from MSI.

I have the gaming pro carbon. It’s solid at. Decent heat sinks on it, overclocks just fine and am a berry happy customer with it.

MoBo: MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon ACCPU: Ryzen 2700x 1.36V @ 4.15GhZ  | Cooler: NZXT  Kraken X52  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour +186MhZ /+500MhZ | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDPSU: RM550x (2018) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C white |  Mouse: Logitech G pro Wireless | MonitorGigabyte Aurus AD27QD