Question for Cheapest Solidworks station

Charles_2007

It looks like we might purchase a few 3d modeling license at work and I am looking to build the cheapest station possible for Solidwork or equivalent.  We will need to do modeling and cad, no render, maybe a little FEA (to keep engineer happy)

I was looking at new computer and it is too expensive 

However we can purchase used HP and Dell Desktop from a local computer refurbisher / recycler

Workstation class pc are not really happening, I asked a few computer refurbisher and they do not get those and when they do they are clapped out.

Would it be possible to purchase an old (gen4) I5/i7 based  tower from HP or Dell, upgrade to 16Gig of ram and a SSD and put a used Quadro or Firepro in it?

What Quadro and Firepro were used by miners?  I don't want to purchase a mining card

You can use solidworks without a quadro.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020