Which is more important? and what combination should I use?

Which of these two is more important?

I've watched a few YouTube videos and some says that "a good cpu with a cheap gpu makes the cpu pointless" and there's also "good gpu with a cheap cpu makes the gpu pointless". 

How do you know what are the right combination of pairing? 

Because the vids don't explain pairings but they say if I purchase the wrong set it can cause bottlenecking, can someone help explain?

Sorry but I couldn't find any vids on showing pairings. 

My build

Ryzen R5 2600

Msi B450m mortar 

Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 

PowerColor RX Vega 56 8gb Red Devil 

Corsair Rmx 650x 650w

In Darkness We Seek A Light, In Light We Seek The Darkness.

Dennis Cromwell. 

With Questions We Seek An Answer, With A Answer We Seek Out More Questions.

My Interpretation. 

You're fine, you could even get away with a Vega 64, or a Radeon 7. (P.S. game devs currently expect their users to play on CPU bound systems  as Intel has been stagnant for the better part of a decade, and AMD provided little competition, so most games are designed to take advantage of the powerful GPU's that Nvidia has continued to develop in the meantime. Just don't expect to play games like Crysis at max setting on multiple monitors, as those games are from another era in computing.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

5 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

Because the vids don't explain pairings but they say if I purchase the wrong set it can cause bottlenecking, can someone help explain?

There will never ever be 0 bottleneck on any system, because different tasks will tax the GPU and CPU differently. The video you're watching is over-exaggerating what bottlenecking will do(unless you go really far into it and do something like pair a 9900k with a 7800 GTX and try to play a modern game). 

12 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

There will never ever be 0 bottleneck on any system, because different tasks will tax the GPU and CPU differently. The video you're watching is over-exaggerating what bottlenecking will do(unless you go really far into it and do something like pair a 9900k with a 7800 GTX and try to play a modern game). 

Ah then I'm safe lol, thanks

In Darkness We Seek A Light, In Light We Seek The Darkness.

Dennis Cromwell. 

With Questions We Seek An Answer, With A Answer We Seek Out More Questions.

My Interpretation.