New Build Asus Z270e not posting

Go to solution Solved by MiniGore007,

So turns out that my motherboard was dead. Bought it for $30 not knowing if it was in working condition or not.

I just put together my build the other day and when I went to try to turn it on. It did not post. I have an Asus z270e gaming motherboard with a i7-7700k cpu, corsair vengeance 16 gb, corsair h100i v2 cooler, corsair cx750 power supply, samsung 850 evo boot drive, asus 1070ti. When i turn on the power supply switch the motherboard rgb leds light up near the io, the motherboard red/orange led is on the right side of the motherboard and the red gpu led near the 8 pin connector is on. when i power on the system to boot, all the fans spin, the heat sync lights up, the ram lights up, the gpu lights up. I took out the gpu and have dvi connected to motherboard, thinking maybe my gpu is bad but it still doesnt post. The 4 leds near the 24 pin connector dont light up to indicate what the problem may be in the boot process. Please help me.

IMG_20190212_194522.jpg

IMG_20190212_194537.jpg

1 minute ago, MiniGore007 said:

I just put together my build the other day and when I went to try to turn it on. It did not post. I have an Asus z270e gaming motherboard with a i7-7700k cpu, corsair vengeance 16 gb, corsair h100i v2 cooler, corsair cx750 power supply, samsung 850 evo boot drive, asus 1070ti. When i turn on the power supply switch the motherboard rgb leds light up near the io, the motherboard red/orange led is on the right side of the motherboard and the red gpu led near the 8 pin connector is on. when i power on the system to boot, all the fans spin, the heat sync lights up, the ram lights up, the gpu lights up. I took out the gpu and have dvi connected to motherboard, thinking maybe my gpu is bad but it still doesnt post. The 4 leds near the 24 pin connector dont light up to indicate what the problem may be in the boot process. Please help me.

IMG_20190212_194522.jpg

IMG_20190212_194537.jpg

You need to plug in the 8PIN GPU connector into the GPU.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

*Pictures are how the system is currently at. I took it to a friend to see if he could help me out, we took out the gpu and tried to boot it several times and help diagnose, but no luck. I know that the 8 pin is unplugged and that the dvi on the motherboard disables when the gpu is plugged in. But with the Gpu and dvi in gpu or without gpou and dvi in motherboard. System still doesnt post.

4 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

You need to plug in the 8PIN GPU connector into the GPU.

I know. I have been trying to figure out what the issue is yesterday and havn't bothered to plug in for getting the pic.

Just now, MiniGore007 said:

I know. I have been trying to figure out what the issue is yesterday and havn't bothered to plug in for getting the pic.

Reseat the cpu? And try with one stick of ram.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

• 2 weeks later...

So turns out that my motherboard was dead. Bought it for $30 not knowing if it was in working condition or not.