Samsung C24FG73 vs Dell Alienware AW2518HF

Slazyel

Hi guys,

Here where i live i can buy a Samsung C24FG73 (24', 1080p, 144hz, Quantum dot 125% rgb, VA panel) for $365 or i can buy a Dell Alienware AW2518HF (24', 1080p, 240hz, TN Panel) for the same price.

Which one do you think it's better for the price? I've heard that despites the alieware being TN, it has a very good image too. 

I loath TN. With all my might. 

Ask yourself this: in how many games can you actually do 240hz?

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

1) If you play games like LoL and etc style games, more than just seeing movies, programming, word processing, interneting etc. then you can go with samsung...

2) If you really up to Shooters and have a good Gpu and above midrange gaming pc then go with Dell.

3) If Amd gpu is what you own then Dell can do for you with Freesync enabled.

in fact dont be surprised if the panel of Dell or of another manufacturer is actually a samsung one.

4) for everyday work look at a cheaper one to save money

5) Dell is a prestge Monitor...(i dont know if chicks will fall for it instead of moto or car....)

Samsung for me is just overprised for me more of the time without stability in the products. A lot of problems i came up with friends monitors or tv's not on the display but on the electronic boards etc.

But a lot depends on your pc configuration. You may waste money on a good monitor that cant go up with your gpu.

Hoped i messed you enough!!!!

P.S. I currently own a Asus P258 Strix an immediate opponent of the Dell's alienware. But on these monitors prices are up due to gaming marketing.

22 minutes ago, chriskarsd said:

1) If you play games like LoL and etc style games, more than just seeing movies, programming, word processing, interneting etc. then you can go with samsung...

2) If you really up to Shooters and have a good Gpu and above midrange gaming pc then go with Dell.

3) If Amd gpu is what you own then Dell can do for you with Freesync enabled.

in fact dont be surprised if the panel of Dell or of another manufacturer is actually a samsung one.

4) for everyday work look at a cheaper one to save money

5) Dell is a prestge Monitor...(i dont know if chicks will fall for it instead of moto or car....)

Samsung for me is just overprised for me more of the time without stability in the products. A lot of problems i came up with friends monitors or tv's not on the display but on the electronic boards etc.

But a lot depends on your pc configuration. You may waste money on a good monitor that cant go up with your gpu.

Hoped i messed you enough!!!!

P.S. I currently own a Asus P258 Strix an immediate opponent of the Dell's alienware. But on these monitors prices are up due to gaming marketing.

Thanks, i play lots of Shooters, like BF V, Apex Legends, Overwatch and Pubg. I play RPG's and LoL too. So i think Dell would be the best?

i use a 9600k at 5.1 + 16gb ram and a gtx 1080ti.

$365 for a TN? nope, even with 240hz and Dell branding are still not quite convincing me to buy it. just get a Samsung. the Quantum dot VA panel's color quality win TN hands down, can't even compare.

the good side of TN is being able to achieve very high refresh rate and very low response time, which make it ideal for professional e-sport gamer. but imo still not worth buying it due to bad color quality and shitty viewing angle.

Primary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | M/B: Asus ROG Strix X370-F | RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 32GB | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB x2 | Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 80+ Gold 650W | Sound card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5  | Case: NZXT H500 | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Display: Samsung CHG70 27" 1440p 144Hz QLED

Secondary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | M/B: Asrock B450M Pro 4 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200MHz 16GB | GPU: Asrock RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Crucial P1 1TB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Power: Coolermaster Masterwatt 550 | CaseAerocool Cylon Mini | Cooling: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim 2 | Display: Samsung CFG73 24" 1080p 144Hz QLED

Thanks for reading

On 2/12/2019 at 8:06 PM, Slazyel said:

Thanks, i play lots of Shooters, like BF V, Apex Legends, Overwatch and Pubg. I play RPG's and LoL too. So i think Dell would be the best?

i use a 9600k at 5.1 + 16gb ram and a gtx 1080ti.

for the nvidia card you have i would recommend the samsung instead. you get the freesync with the alienware that your card will not recognise due to the dirvers of the nvidia not supporting (assign the tests of nvidia). So you will have a monitor that half of its price is wasted from the freesync not been used with nvidia card. As for the games all will run smothly in the samsung too. Unless you want an alienware with G-sync that costs 100 more the one you provide in your question and thta is the

Dell Alienware AW2518H