New pc frezees after 10 mins into any game

MinerModi
Go to solution Solved by MinerModi,

I finally found the solution it turned out to be a ram issue so i RMA'd the corsair sticks and swapped them with some kingston valueram 2400mhz and everything looks to be running fine  (hopefully) 

Hello 

So i just built my pc yesterday and ive been facing a major issue where any game I try would run fine for about 10-15 minutes then the game would freeze, I have tried to play fortnite and Apex legends and both have the issue i would appreciate any help.  So far i have tried updating the mobo bios and reinstalling windows and wiping and reinstalling drivers using DDU to no avail.

Specs

Gigabyte b450 aorus elite

Ryzen 5 2600

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB

MSI GTX 1070

Sandisk ssd plus 240gb

Evga 750 watt bronze semi modular

I had this issue a few times. It turned out to be a conflict with the hd audio bus. No idea if you have the same issue but you can give it a shot. Go to device manager and disable HD audio bus and see if that helps. If that is the problem and you need the hdmi passthrough then you will have ti figure out how to resolve the conflict. If you are connecting speakers ti the motherboard then just don't worry about it. Good luck

img_5a6c06dcb8671.jpg

It may be CPU OC, ram or GPU OC problem. And always start with hardware check, not with reinstalling system. It's not a good idea to start installing anything with faulty hardware.

I dont know if this could help but the error code fortnite spits out is 

LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default.

And for some reason the game audio in fortnite doesnt work as well so it might actually be an audio issue

nvm i tried disabling hd audio bus but the problem still persisits

This is starting to worry me a lot

On 2/11/2019 at 7:15 PM, MinerModi said:

I dont know if this could help but the error code fortnite spits out is 

LogConsoleResponse: Display: Failed to find resolution value strings in scalability ini. Falling back to default.

Have you installed your mobo drivers (not bios) ? maybe there's some conflict as @Sat1600 said, 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

10 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Do you even try my advice? Disable oc? Especially in gpu?

I haven't applied any overclock on any part so there is nothing to disable 

9 hours ago, Peskanova said:

Have you installed your mobo drivers (not bios) ? maybe there's some conflict as @Sat1600 said, 

Im assuming you mean drivers such as the lan and sound drivers if so then yes

Update:

So i replaced the 1070 with the only other gpu i had on hand which was an rx 570 and the issue disappeared, but because the rx 570 is less power hungry than the 1070 i assumed i had narrowed down the issue to either the gpu itself or the psu. So i headed down to my local pc shop and we started by trying the closest gpu to the 1070 they had (a 1070ti) but the issue still remained. At this point we thought the issue was defo just the psu but after replacing the psu with a corsair cx 750 THE ISSUE STILL REMAINED.  So far i have removed the gpu and power supply as possible hardware variables but i still haven't found the root of the issue. Could it be ram??? Then again why would using a less powerful gpu get rid of the issue ?!?

Idk what to do at this point any advice is greatly appreciated 

3 hours ago, MinerModi said:

I haven't applied any overclock on any part so there is nothing to disable 

Your gpu card IS overclocked by manufacturer. So use MSI Afterburner to underclock. Both - core and memory clock.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:43 PM, myselfolli said:

Any game or just those two?

Those two and the cinebench open GL test but unigine heaven and 3d mark run perfectly fine

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the solution it turned out to be a ram issue so i RMA'd the corsair sticks and swapped them with some kingston valueram 2400mhz and everything looks to be running fine  (hopefully)