How to get my mobile provider to stop calling me?

XR6

Hi all,

I've had 6 calls from my phone company (Vodafone) in the last 5 hours that keep offering additional contracts and plans. I keep telling them to stop calling me but they can't seem to understand.

I can't block their calls as they keep calling from different numbers.

I've already signed up my number to the TPS (basically a big list of numbers that companies  shouldn't call) and opted out of their marketing things.

What do I do? Their customer support doesn't seem to care about the spam calls.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Hi all,

I've had 6 calls from my phone company (Vodafone) in the last 5 hours that keep offering additional contracts and plans. I keep telling them to stop calling me but they can't seem to understand.

I can't block their calls as they keep calling from different numbers.

I've already signed up my number to the TPS (basically a big list of numbers that companies  shouldn't call) and opted out of their marketing things.

What do I do? Their customer support doesn't seem to care about the spam calls.

Thanks in advance.

I guess you could tell them if they keep doing it you'll switch to a competitor and when you tell them that make sure to express that their behaviour is unacceptable.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

That certainly doesn't sound like Vodafone, this is more like a scammer. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

That certainly doesn't sound like Vodafone, this is more like a scammer. 

Nope, I've checked it on who-called.co.uk, it's confirmed to be Vodafone's numbers. 

1 minute ago, seoz said:

There is no better way than to go into a store and show them the amount of calls you got, and then ask for them to stop. They have no way of avoiding/ghosting you that way.

There's a store near me, I might walk in there sometime and do that. 

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I guess you could tell them if they keep doing it you'll switch to a competitor and when you tell them that make sure to express that their behaviour is unacceptable.

Yeah, I haven't tried that yet. I'll try, but the customer support is so atrocious that I'm not even sure if they'll listen to me. It's worth a shot though.

Just now, 1kv said:

Nope, I've checked it on who-called.co.uk, it's confirmed to be Vodafone's numbers. 

Ah but they could be spoofed numbers. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

15 hours ago, Ralphred said:

Just waste their time as much as possible when they call, you soon get blacklisted.

I'm planning on doing that next time they call me. 

10 hours ago, James Evens said:

UK? well it is still the EU so you have the DSGVO. Now you can figure out what I mean. 

Btw. consumer protection have sample letters.

I'll look into it, thanks! :)

7 hours ago, Jerkamie said:

If any company calls me 6 times, I'd straight up cancel politely.

I might just do that if it keeps happening.

I'd rather that be a last resort though since I got quite a good deal on this phone plan.

I'd advise you to either go to the store or contact their head office 1st and explain to them the situation and if it is indeed them, it's not fucking on, and you'll happily gtfo from their services if it continues.

Could report to trading standards for harassment if it continues? I dunno.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

28 minutes ago, Noctus said:

I'd advise you to either go to the store or contact their head office 1st and explain to them the situation and if it is indeed them, it's not fucking on, and you'll happily gtfo from their services if it continues.

Could report to trading standards for harassment if it continues? I dunno.

Yeah, I'm planning on going to a store if it continues. If they don't do anything then I'll contact their head office because customer support won't listen to me.

I could list many reasons why I hate Vodafone but the value is what's kept me from cancelling until now. I'm really tempted to cancel and go back to EE.

Blow a whistle in your phone. Calls like that stop very soon.