Fun project for the kids

Intheknow

I came across this android based Epos system on gumtree for 10 bucks (uk equivalent to Craig’s list I suppose) it seams to be a android tablet it seams to be very locked down I can’t even tell what kind of android it is running would make a pretty cool desktop tablet for the kids any ideas on how to make it run adroid normally 

656D0994-699E-4993-8869-DDB8381A3FDE.jpeg

886B4C52-7171-4CEF-8F90-EBD65266B3E1.jpeg

5C51D57F-7002-4A8F-A631-8A0B65EDAA44.jpeg

D79C842E-EBA1-45EB-9524-1CBC78D8C1A4.jpeg

15E609E5-843B-43B1-A0D7-7403BA0D8DAF.jpeg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Intheknow said:

I came across this android based Epos system on gumtree for 10 bucks (uk equivalent to Craig’s list I suppose) it seams to be a android tablet it seams to be very locked down I can’t even tell what kind of android it is running would make a pretty cool desktop tablet for the kids any ideas on how to make it run adroid normally

if you can, you could try flashing a new ROM on the tablet and see if that can "unlock" it

Edited by Guest
removed quoted images

We I have tried to plug it into a pc via Ethernet  nothing showed up

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

Just eat sells them with there software on it? did they at least removed the access to there systems?

The first you thing you can do is backing it up.

No I can even get into the previous owners restaurant information 

image.jpg

13 minutes ago, Intheknow said:

We I have tried to plug it into a pc via Ethernet  nothing showed up

It's not showing up in your network? Hm. Try taking it apart and seeing what's on the inside. Either this is an OS on a chip or on an SD card.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

4 minutes ago, James Evens said:

fail ...

on topic: Since it looks like you can close the app close it and enable ADB access and remove all the apps they installed on it.

Otherwise ask the Citaq support if they can supply you the original image.

To late took it apart

image.jpg

image.jpg

12 minutes ago, James Evens said:

yeah a SIM card which should be deactivated  ...

Now you have access to the usb (probably the "debuging port" they mention in the sales material) and the SD card they also mention. First step remove  the SD card and make a ISO of it. In case anything goes wrong you could flash the ISO back to a SD card.

Do you want to "clean" the OS or install a new one?

Clean probably is best huh 

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Still make a backup of the SD card before trying anything. 

Clean is a bit more work. Either you have luck and generic Rockchip .RK3188 android roms have enough similarities so most features/devices will work or you need the original stock ISO/ROM from the citaq support.

Hey (derailing the topic a bit) I have a POS similar but not identical to OP's and well it doesn't starts, it has an RK3026, know if there's any ROM or way to make it work? I found the hard reset button inside but it did nothing, it only shows "Loading..." also desoldered the battery wires and removed the SIM card. no SD card but there's a slot, onboard network and wireless network stuff, USB and charge ports 

The seller told me "it's got a virus and stopped working" and charged me a soda bottle for it which is less than 75 cents in US currency

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

• 3 months later...

If you guys still need these sorted let me know. I work with these on a daily basis, have all the roms and recovery for the h10 one and two.  

Also just to add, the apk contains a mobirise apk, which is a device management app JE uses. Nothing of interest on them. Generic roms don't work either, its a very specific driver for the display.If rk 3168 board its android 4,4, if rk3368 then its android 5,1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi is any one still playing with one of these systems and be able to give me any advice on how to get just eat off it or how to full reset it 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 12:40 AM, Jackson Pollocks said:

If you guys still need these sorted let me know. I work with these on a daily basis, have all the roms and recovery for the h10 one and two.  And if anyone has any of these i pay 100 for them in working order.  Cheers

Iv got one from my old business. How do I remove the justeat and make it into a android with a receipt printer?

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys still need these sorted let me know. I work with these on a daily basis, have all the roms and recovery for the h10 one and two.  And if anyone has any of these i pay 100 for them in working order.  Cheers

Hello, 

I just ordered one myself but it's asking for administration password. I want to flush out the Just Eat software and setup my own. can you help please. What do you need from me please. Would love to get it sorted. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/30/2019 at 1:40 AM, Jackson Pollocks said:

If you guys still need these sorted let me know. I work with these on a daily basis, have all the roms and recovery for the h10 one and two.  

That would be great. I have the H10-2 and I don't know where to start. Many thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

To factory reset this device, remove the small lid that hides the sim-card. This reveals the sim, the sd and two buttons.

Keep the "lid open", attach a keyboard to one of the USB ports, and turn on the device.

When it has finished booting, press the "Reset", and then instantly press-and-hold the "Recovery" button.

The device will boot into recovery mode.

Use the keyboard arrow keys, and select "Wipe data / Factory Reset"

After done, select "Wipe Cache"

And then reboot.

Your are done. It will boot into a normal android.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have the First H10-2 and have successfully removed the start up software leaving Android 5.1

I downloaded the First print proxy but it asks me to register the device with a genuine email. I've tried but it won't register. 

If I go into POSFactory I can print demo.

What have I done wrong please.

• 3 months later...

Found these recently along with the very few other articles about this online but if anyone else has these I will merge some of the information from a few sources on this post here.
First of all check out this post https://leeatljs.blogspot.com/2020/10/factory-reset-citaq-h10.html

a somewhat detailed walk through about how to factory reset.

I also recommend looking at Simon Oestergaards post on this tread

"To factory reset this device, remove the small lid that hides the sim-card. This reveals the sim, the sd and two buttons.

Keep the "lid open", attach a keyboard to one of the USB ports, and turn on the device.

When it has finished booting, press the "Reset", and then instantly press-and-hold the "Recovery" button.

And then reboot.

Your are done. It will boot into a normal android."

Once you are into android you have a decent android tablet (which seems to be faster than my old Samsung galaxy tab a) and you can install any android apps you want.

Then I have found this apk found here

If you unzip the .rar file you need to go into the file \CitaqFactory\bin then the CitrqFactory.apk is in there.

It includes an app that allows you to test all of the functions of the Citaq H10 also allowing you to upload any jpg and text to print although make sure to convert your pictures to monochrome otherwise they come out a black block!

Next I would like to be able to write my own app which is able to display buttons on the screen and send things to print although I am unsure if it is possible to decompile the test apk I found and reuse some of the programming from that to enable my own app to print. I have some basic programming knowledge but I haven't written an android app before so any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the new topic I have made asking for help with this

• 3 months later...

yes please what administrator password

• 3 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 3:13 PM, Simon Oestergaard said:

To factory reset this device, remove the small lid that hides the sim-card. This reveals the sim, the sd and two buttons.

When it has finished booting, press the "Reset", and then instantly press-and-hold the "Recovery" button.

And then reboot.

Your are done. It will boot into a normal android.

Hello it's says me no command what do i do now?

image.jpg

On 1/18/2019 at 8:35 PM, James Evens said:

Still make a backup of the SD card before trying anything. 

Clean is a bit more work. Either you have luck and generic Rockchip .RK3188 android roms have enough similarities so most features/devices will work or you need the original stock ISO/ROM from the citaq support.

When i was trying to reset machine says me no command and i was downloanding android 5.1 fron internet and i putting on tf card and see what happens

image.jpg