Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GabenJr

Nvidia Said We Couldn't Game On This...

Hi there, 1st please sorry for my bad english, i do my best! :)

I would like to ask, which is the lowest generation CPU which this method works for gaming on a mining card. As i read the 3rd generation intel processors are not good. Are the 4th generations good for this? 

My second question is, what brand of card should i buy to make this done? Only the gigabyte branded cards are good?

Thank for the answers, much appreciated.

Peter

On 9/21/2019 at 1:07 AM, Peter81 said:

I would like to ask, which is the lowest generation CPU which this method works for gaming on a mining card. As i read the 3rd generation intel processors are not good. Are the 4th generations good for this? 

My second question is, what brand of card should i buy to make this done? Only the gigabyte branded cards are good?

Peter

That's right, 4th generation Intel Core or higher. I used a Gigabyte card with my own minor overclocking and it works fine.

Thank you so much for this

i have 2 questions

1. What are applications for this other than gaming? (Since it doesn’t support encoding)

2. Can it be used on Hackintosh that would be so awesome!

On 9/20/2019 at 11:07 PM, Peter81 said:

Peter

I managed to run vulkan based games on 2nd gen intel on Windows 10. My setup is an i7 2600k in a z77 asrock board. In case you are using linux then none of the hassle is required, as my linux installation of POP_OS ran this card from get go. Only played shatter and dota 2 in steam but i think all steam games can be played using proton.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:52 PM, rhradec said:

1. Did someone actually tried to run a P106 on a Linux distro? (X11 runs without monitor, and one can access it using nomachine, vnc, xpra or even VirtuaGL directly over ssh)

There is interesting experience about running P106 on Ubuntu Linux + VNC + Steam streaming: https://ncrmnt.org/2019/08/04/linux-gaming-with-p106-100/

I didn't try this way yet.