SSD Performance Below Average?

Go to solution Solved by Ledury,
1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

Unfortunately, I compared the numbers with Samsung Magician who showed me the date of the test. I don't know if its a valid comparison.

cc.png

Read is quite good, write a bit slower, but that shouldnt be the problem.
Maybe you should check you TEMP files or autostart programms etc. Cleaning your PC a bit. More autostart programms, slower PC.
And btw I would say its not a good idea so post a screenshot with Facebook in the background, wouldnt do that ;)

Hi,

I have a Samsung Evo 850 120GB and a Samsung Evo 860 250GB. Lately I've notesing drops in performance, like boot time and app openings after the system starts.

I ran some tests with Crystal Disk Mark and I realized that the numbers are lower than the last time I did the tests.

So, I really wanted to know what can I do to improve these numbers, or my ssd is really losing performance over time?

The first image is my ? which is where my system is installed, among other apps like AutoCAD, Vegas etc.

The second image is my G: which I keep my games. 

Thanks! 

Gorgoroth.

c.png

g.png

Could you tell us the numbers from the first tests? :)

i7-6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15, 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 SLI, some SSD's/HDD's, EVGA G2 1300W PSU,

quite a few Coldzero Parts ... all inside an Corsair Obsidian 900D - detailled information on my Profil

7 minutes ago, Ledury said:

Could you tell us the numbers from the first tests? :)

Unfortunately, I compared the numbers with Samsung Magician who showed me the date of the test. I don't know if its a valid comparison.

cc.png

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

cc.png

Read is quite good, write a bit slower, but that shouldnt be the problem.
Maybe you should check you TEMP files or autostart programms etc. Cleaning your PC a bit. More autostart programms, slower PC.
And btw I would say its not a good idea so post a screenshot with Facebook in the background, wouldnt do that ;)

i7-6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15, 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 SLI, some SSD's/HDD's, EVGA G2 1300W PSU,

quite a few Coldzero Parts ... all inside an Corsair Obsidian 900D - detailled information on my Profil

Sequentials are still quite good, considering that the drives are 90 and 80% full, respectively.

It's never a good idea to fill up your SSD all the way, and it might be a factor in the perceived slowdown.

My recommendation would be to take advantage of the ridiculously low SSD prices and get something like a WD Blue 500GB or 1TB SSD.

Also, in the Windows File Explorer, make sure that stuff like downloads, music and videos are not defaultly located on the C drive.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

? I checked your facebook LOL, nice picture of 360 views of the dessert! The transfer rates still seem acceptable, when the SSDs are completely full, the rates tend to decrease a bit. As mentioned above, simply clean the computer and also update the SATA controller drivers.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

You are welcome! And feel free to post more if you still need more help!

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming