What camera for Film? LUMIX G7 OR CANON SL2

I'm stuck on which camera I should purchase, either the Lumix G7 or the Canon Sl2/200d, the af on the sl2 is great and it's especially better when using it on my steadicam and not being able to use the manual focus when moving, the g7 is also a good camera especially with its 4k feature with its price point. 

I will be doing filmaking and I'm stuck on what camera I shall pick, I recently broke my camera so I'm looking into buying a new camera.

The G7 is a fantastic option, though due to the MFT sensor, it struggles in low light situations, autofocus isn't incredible, there's no in-body stabilization, and there's no official dummy battery available or a charging port on the camera, so you'll have to swap batteries after an hour or so of recording.

But on the flip side, there's no recording limit other than battery life and SD card capacity (outside of the EU) when recording at 1080p or lower. 30 minute cap on 4K. Quality is great, and it's light and compact enough that it won't kill you if you have to carry it with you for a while.

I've had my G7 for a little over a year now. It doesn't get as much use as I'd like, but I've been very pleased with it so far.

Here's a subreddit that's dedicated to the Lumix G7, plenty of info and examples on there! http://reddit.com/r/panasonicg7

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It seems you've answered your own question there. Recording in 4K is nothing but filling on a specsheet if nothing is in focus and if your workflow demans the use of AF, the sl2 is the only option out of the 2 that is viable. 

I would suggest getting an 800d or used 80d if you can manage it, even look at the m50 if you want something that can do 4k so that the option is there, but at the price point, the Canon is fine. Whatsmore, you get to use EF and EF-S lenses, which means access to the most comprehensive lens system in history and currently the cheapest as well, with a very good used market depth.  I mean, if you are serious about it, it gives you the ability to at least get a decent glass collection and eventually move to a more capable future option in the rf mount or even a proper cinema camera. 

You get Canon colours as well, and for the time being, you save a lot of time and cost in recording processing and storing 4K footage, which may be overkill for the current scope of your operations. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/