I want a gaming pc

I'm trying to build a decent gaming rig for around $1500 but don't understand CPU is best for what mobo and so on. So if I could get a few suggestions as to where to start, maybe even some suggestive builds, I would really appreciate it. Thank you. 

PCPARTPICKER is a good place to start. 

For now AMD is the value leader and intel is the pricey but performance leader, thing could change later this year when new CPU's are released, but there isn't any solid information about what's going to be released and what the improvements will be over the current generation of CPUs.

2700X and the 8700K are both good top tier CPU's and those are the two I would recommend since both will last for a good 5 - 7 years before needing to be replaced unless GPU's or software advance at a much faster rate than before.

The 1st gen Ryzen CPU's if they at still in stock where you live might still be at bargain prices. 

I would start by reading up on the two major brands of CPU and then decided what fit into your budget using PCPARTPICKER.

I would use an X470 motherboard for Ryzen and a Z390 board for Intel, again, because you'll have it for several years.  

I would go Ryzen as it's just the best bang for the buck. This summer we should have new AMD Ryzen processors if you feel like waiting a little bit. But you could still build a great Ryzen system right now using somethings like this:

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Would be nice to know what resolution and refresh rate your monitor is at and what kind of games you intend to play. Of cause you can just build a PC for 1500 $ but if you run 1080p @60 Hz and only play fortnight, League or other e-sports titles there is not much point. 

Do you maybe want to stream at some point? 

Any intention to use the PC for any productivity applications (but nothing to focus on, any gaming pc for 1500 $ is minimum good for those tasks)

You might want to spend some of you money on a good 1440p @144 Hz monitor. 

4 hours ago, Courage the Cowardly Dog said:

I'm trying to build a decent gaming rig for around $1500 but don't understand CPU is best for what mobo and so on. So if I could get a few suggestions as to where to start, maybe even some suggestive builds, I would really appreciate it. Thank you. 

which country? need os/monitor/peripherals?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 hours ago, Courage the Cowardly Dog said:

there is a build with  all U need but including a monitor and peripherals ist a bit over 1500 but u can always cut down on RGB Ram 

good luck with first build