R9 290 (X) Aftermarket cooler on newegg

Nathantech

As most of you know the r9 290 (X) have been out of stock and the prices have been really high because of bitcoin and litecoin miners etc.. I was looking around on newegg and saw this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125500. R9 290 Windforce edition from gigabyte. now it is $50 more than all the reference R9 290's but im sure once all the mining stuff goes down and they get more stock they will go down in price. It is much cheaper than water cooling one of these cards so I was wondering if anyone was gonna pick one up?

Thanks, Nathan.

Hello Nathan. I recently sold my 7950 for anticipation of the R9 290 with after market coolers. With the stock coolers they were going $400 and USUALLY the cards with after market cooler only go for $15-$25 more than stock coolers. But now since the price hike I have to wait till the price come way back down, but as far as I have seen gigabyte is the only aftermarket cooler out there other than Power cooler's one with a water block. Until then im running a 5770 on a 1440p monitor and it kind of sucks. 

Hello Nathan. I recently sold my 7950 for anticipation of the R9 290 with after market coolers. With the stock coolers they were going $400 and USUALLY the cards with after market cooler only go for $15-$25 more than stock coolers. But now since the price hike I have to wait till the price come way back down, but as far as I have seen gigabyte is the only aftermarket cooler out there other than Power cooler's one with a water block. Until then im running a 5770 on a 1440p monitor and it kind of sucks. 

Yeah it sucks that were going to have to wait for the prices to drop on this :/

That sucks Mission, I didnt even know that the 290 spiked up to 500 dollars originally

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

I have a windforce card in my rig and all... But I'm going to be honest, it's pretty boring these days. Make something new gigabyte

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop