Nvidia 331 drivers broke vsync

Go to solution Solved by Flamewalker,

Since the release of Nvidia's 331 drivers vsync has failed to work in any games for me. Has any one else had this issue with their card? Nvidia has so far been useless for support and wondered if anyone else had a fix. I've tried using different mb, cpu and ram. Also RMAed original gpu and upgraded boot drive (evo ssd) as well as verifying windows integrity. My games are all run of the wd black. My system is overclocked but have tried at stock clocks with no success.

Cpu        - 4770k @ 4.3

Mb         - Gryphon Z87

Ram       - 16gb Corsair Vengence Quad channel

Gpu        - Asus DCII 780 OC @ 1189

SSD        - Samsung 250gb Evo

HDD        - WD Black 2TB

Monitor   - Dell U2913WM

Sorry for my english i played games during school

It's a known issue since 331.58 ,happens mostly when using vsync and framelimiting together, but latest drivers seems to just break vsync even if your not framelimiting.

But yer,nvidia knows about it, so guess it will be fixed in a later driver. nothing you can do about it really, unless you downgrade to an older driver.

Since the release of Nvidia's 331 drivers vsync has failed to work in any games for me. Has any one else had this issue with their card? Nvidia has so far been useless for support and wondered if anyone else had a fix. I've tried using different mb, cpu and ram. Also RMAed original gpu and upgraded boot drive (evo ssd) as well as verifying windows integrity. My games are all run of the wd black. My system is overclocked but have tried at stock clocks with no success.

Cpu        - 4770k @ 4.3

Mb         - Gryphon Z87

Monitor   - Dell U2913WM

Cpu        - 4770k @ 4.3

Mb         - Gryphon Z87

Monitor   - Dell U2913WM

I'm using a GTX 650, it works its "slowing fps to a haul" ways for me still 

Have you tried going to the Nvidia Control panel ?

Maybe vsync has set to off for some reason.

have you tried restarting your PC or reinstalling the Drivers using express mode through Geforce Experience. 

Tried re-installing all drivers by both clean install and express as well as updating gpu bios

Tried re-installing all drivers by both clean install and express as well as updating gpu bios

Try setting vsync to Adaptive on global settings and see what happens.

Cpu        - 4770k @ 4.3

Mb         - Gryphon Z87

Monitor   - Dell U2913WM

It's a known issue since 331.58 ,happens mostly when using vsync and framelimiting together, but latest drivers seems to just break vsync even if your not framelimiting.

But yer,nvidia knows about it, so guess it will be fixed in a later driver. nothing you can do about it really, unless you downgrade to an older driver.

Nvidia drivers have been broken for me for a while. Bad performance and weird glitches, especially in Skyrim. The version I use is 314.22 with my GTX 570.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Thanks, I haven't been able to find out much information about it and have been worried my system was broken at a hardware level.

Thanks, I haven't been able to find out much information about it and have been worried my system was broken at a hardware level.

Best way to check is to check the forum threads about the drivers on the nvidia site (https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/33/geforce-drivers/) or Guru3d (http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21),people will say it pretty fast if something is broken in the drivers, and on both sites you get people from nvidia responding to issues (ManuelG and Andyb)

Vsync should be fixed in the next driver according to nvidia, current driver is 331.82 so the one after that will have the fix 

Ive been having bad performance with my gtx 760
ive been getting weird frame rates in a lot of games, i cant even play BF4 on low and bf4 is why i bought my 760 

CPU AMD FX-6100        GPU Nvidia GTX 760 Msi OC Edition      RAM 8Gb Corsair Vengeance       Storage Toshiba 2TB  Motherboard Gigabyte 970A-D3 AM3+      Case Cooler Master Elite 43

Ive been having bad performance with my gtx 760

ive been getting weird frame rates in a lot of games, i cant even play BF4 on low and bf4 is why i bought my 760

Be careful what you do with that resolution scale slider in BF4 is can really crush your framerates

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.