Is the Razer Kraken 7.1 good ?

LiamTwigg

Hi,

I had the Razer Kraken Pro's along time ago, and they was so comfortable, and blocked all sound out which i love. BUT the sound quality and mic quality sucked. But the New 7.1 version has really good mic and sound quality. If you have the Razer Kraken 7.1's, what are they like ?

Thanks.

EDIT - I can't buy a pair of headphones and external mic because i go to ALLOT of lans, and i can't take that with me...... i need a headset.

EDIT - I have £90 or $145

Hi,

I had the Razer Kraken Pro's along time ago, and they was so comfortable, and blocked all sound out which i love. BUT the sound quality and mic quality sucked. But the New 7.1 version has really good mic and sound quality. If you have the Razer Kraken 7.1's, what are they like ?

Thanks.

people tend to recommend a proper set of headphones and then an external mic because the audio and mic quality on gaming headsets is pretty low for what you pay. However the first option may be too expensive. 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I had them for about 3 months, but i wasn't really happy with the sound quality. So i went with the gamecom 780 and i found them really comfy, great sound and a really good mic ;)

CPU: FX-8350, GPU: xfx radeon r9 290, RAM: corsair venegance 8gb, STORAGE; seagate barracuda 1TB hdd, SSDnow kingston 120gb, CPU COOLER: CM hyper 212 , CASE: fractal design XL, PSU: corsair CS 650w 80+ gold MOBO: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

people tend to recommend a proper set of headphones and then an external mic because the audio and mic quality on gaming headsets is pretty low for what you pay. However the first option may be too expensive. 

not at all u can get a nice pair of headphones at lower prices than these headsets. 

5.1 or 7.1 headphones/headsets are just plain marketing. While i was searching for medium (at least in my country and salary) range headphones (without mic) ive read tons of reviews/guides and hit the magical "5.1 or 7.1" headphones/sets and on all forums (those for audio freaks) they say that just a bullshit same as paying more for logo (Razer is also that example). Wanna cool feature? But headphones and a mic (Zalman one will do) and if you bought proper ones also buy a USB DAC (Digital to Audio Converter) to see full potiental of those headphones (at least those of better company).

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

not at all u can get a nice pair of headphones at lower prices than these headsets. 

well even better :) 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

7.1 is marketing, just get a better thing, like a proper set of headphones and a good external mic, and for crying out loud stop looking only at what Razer has to offer in the gaming peripherals market.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

It's 7.1 and its a "gaming headset" not to mention from Razer(but i like their mice and kb). It's as gimmicky as it can get

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

"Is the Razer...." No. 

Might as well write a script so that every time Razer, Astro, or Corsair are mention that the post is fill with "Nu!" and "Noooooo!" 

Here you go.

bc72292e5574848b2ba31bb4a61334fa.png

However the first option may be too expensive. 

well even better :)

That's the point people are trying to make actually. You get better performance at a lower price then the marketing and design that comes with Gaming Headsets.

for crying out loud stop looking only at what Razer has to offer

That should be the main title for the various sub forums instead of "Computer Hardware"  :lol: 

To the OP: Check out the sticky at the top of these Audio forum to help you with your audio.

As for some headphones recommendations: Audio Technica AD700/AD700x, AKG K240 Studio, Incipio NX-100 f38.  On the low end (Incipio f38 competitors) the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Monoprice 108323 are worth mentioning.

On the low end (Incipio f38 competitors) the Panasonic RP-HTF600-S and Monoprice 108323 are worth mentioning.

You forgot superlux.

That should be the main title for the various sub forums instead of "Computer Hardware"  :lol: 

We like to push headset to the Peripheral sub forum, since thats what they are. 

More so I think its because we like to recreate sound instead of butcher it.

Coming from my Tritton 5.1 PC headset.   I can attest to, the separate headsets are most definitely better. A proper headset with Dolby Headphone(mode) is great at positional audio. 

AMD 1700X// Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 // Geil DDR4 3200 // Gigabyte Aorus 1080//  Samsung 128GB 840 Pro SSD(OS)// Seagate Barracuda 1TB(games&docs)//

Cool Master Stacker 935//  LG Ultrawide 34UM95//  XSPC 360 Liquid Cooling//

Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard//  Corsair M65RGB//  Xonar DX//  Audio Technica ATH A900X// Blue Snowball Mic(Tandy POP filter)  

Comming from my Tritton 5.1 PC headset.   I can attest to the seperate heaset are most definetly better.  Proper headset with Dolby Headphones is great at positional audio. 

At first I was "Not another...." Then you turned it around. 10/10.

I don't usually go for Razer, at all. And i only have £90 left over, so i can't get headphones and external mic........  + i go to lans allot (i play in a LoL team) so i can't really take a external mic and headphones there...... i need a headset......

Should i get another CM Storm Sirus 5.1 headset ? the one i have right now i dropped and the mic messed up, it's has the option of true 5.1 or USB ? 

Should i get another CM Storm Sirus 5.1 headset ? the one i have right now i dropped and the mic messed up, it's has the option of true 5.1 or USB ? 

5.1 is a marketing gimmick.

"Is the Razer...." No. 

unless it mice or their mech keyboards., those are pretty decent

unless it mice or their mech keyboards., those are pretty decent

I would hope so for the absurd amount of money they charge for one.

I don't usually go for Razer, at all. And i only have £90 left over, so i can't get headphones and external mic........  + i go to lans allot (i play in a LoL team) so i can't really take a external mic and headphones there...... i need a headset......

i think you are confused. you CAN get a pair of headphones with an external mic doesnt mean its huge..... u can get boom mics thats not the issue. itll looks like a headset but actually sound good for yourself and the people listening to you