Photo

Red Fuzz were it is supposed to be black.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic
dougieisrollingthejays
dougieisrollingthejays

• 22 posts

I have recently build a new computer.  Everything was working fine (I had build it on the floor), all monitor drivers and such were installed.  I decided to move my computer to my desk since everything was complete, when I turned on the monitor again there was little red dots that were on the black parts of the screen.  Forming some kind of fuzz. I am unable to change this. Does anyone know what to do?

EpicGeekonFire
EpicGeekonFire

Is Still Burning :/

• 2,636 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

I have recently build a new computer.  Everything was working fine (I had build it on the floor), all monitor drivers and such were installed.  I decided to move my computer to my desk since everything was complete, when I turned on the monitor again there was little red dots that were on the black parts of the screen.  Forming some kind of fuzz. I am unable to change this. Does anyone know what to do?

"fuzz" Never heard of such a thing... unless you are trolling.... which is just stupid...

† TTCF Member 

EpicGeekonFire
EpicGeekonFire

• 2,636 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Did your "floor" happen to be carpeting?

† TTCF Member 

Ryan Leech
Ryan Leech

GTX 465 3-Way SLI

• 4,540 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

What display interface are you using?

[AMD FX-6350 @5 GHz 1.47v (Kraken x60) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 | EVGA GTX 465 3-Way SLI |G.Skill Ares 8GB 1866MHz| San Disk 64GB | Mushkin 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA 1300W | NZXT Source 210 White | Windows 8.1]

[Beast Laptop from 2007: Sony Vaio VGN-NR120E | Core 2 Extreme X7900 oc @3.2GHz | Nvidia 8400M GT | Crucial 4GB DDR2-667MHz | Kingston SSDnow 120GB | 1280x800 15.4" | Windows 7 64bit] 

[Tango: Core 2 Quad Q9550 @4.3GHz | 8GB DDR2-1300MHz CL5 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Gigabyte GTX 465| Sandisk 128GB SSD | Seagate 250GB | Rosewill 630W Green | PIYPC Bench Case | Windows 7 64 bit]

dougieisrollingthejays
dougieisrollingthejays

• 22 posts

yes. the floor was carpet.  No I'm not trolling.  it is odd, there is a red kind of fuzz (Little dots on the black parts) I had it before, but for some reason they went away.  When I moved my computer it happened again.  It looks really bad.  Kind of what some laptop computers do.

dougieisrollingthejays
dougieisrollingthejays

• 22 posts

@Ryan Leech I am confused.  Do you mean the monitor type? resolution?

EpicGeekonFire
EpicGeekonFire

• 2,636 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

yes. the floor was carpet.  No I'm not trolling.  it is odd, there is a red kind of fuzz (Little dots on the black parts) I had it before, but for some reason they went away.  When I moved my computer it happened again.  It looks really bad.  Kind of what some laptop computers do.

http://au.answers.ya...24225613AAY6FKI

mhmm sounds interesting... 

† TTCF Member 

EpicGeekonFire
EpicGeekonFire

• 2,636 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

http://au.answers.ya...24225613AAY6FKI

mhmm sounds interesting... 

... Worst place to build a computer is on a carpeted floor...

† TTCF Member 

Ryan Leech
Ryan Leech

GTX 465 3-Way SLI

• 4,540 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

@Ryan Leech I am confused.  Do you mean the monitor type? resolution?

VGA, DVI, HDMI?

[AMD FX-6350 @5 GHz 1.47v (Kraken x60) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 | EVGA GTX 465 3-Way SLI |G.Skill Ares 8GB 1866MHz| San Disk 64GB | Mushkin 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA 1300W | NZXT Source 210 White | Windows 8.1]

[Beast Laptop from 2007: Sony Vaio VGN-NR120E | Core 2 Extreme X7900 oc @3.2GHz | Nvidia 8400M GT | Crucial 4GB DDR2-667MHz | Kingston SSDnow 120GB | 1280x800 15.4" | Windows 7 64bit] 

[Tango: Core 2 Quad Q9550 @4.3GHz | 8GB DDR2-1300MHz CL5 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Gigabyte GTX 465| Sandisk 128GB SSD | Seagate 250GB | Rosewill 630W Green | PIYPC Bench Case | Windows 7 64 bit]

AlwaysFSX
AlwaysFSX

Senseless, obviously.

• 15,042 posts
  • LocationLost

Could you perhaps post a picture of it?

1/5/13 - 2/1/15

dougieisrollingthejays
dougieisrollingthejays

• 22 posts

@ryanLeech I have a VGA and DVI, it is set to auto select between the two of them. 

I would post picture but after taking a picture it doesn't show up.  the pixles are to small.

dougieisrollingthejays
dougieisrollingthejays

• 22 posts

@EpicGeekonFire Yeah I learned that after I finished... 

EpicGeekonFire
EpicGeekonFire

• 2,636 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

@EpicGeekonFire Yeah I learned that after I finished... 

Unfortunately you may have completely destroyed it.... But you can always return it if the days aren't over yet. It should only be your motherboard... I dont now if the other components would have been affected? 

† TTCF Member 

The_Flyin_Fish
The_Flyin_Fish

• 5 posts
Do you have another screen you can try with the computer. It could just be the screen that's broken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users