Ragnarok Online (Now available and free-to-play in Steam)

Artorias

Does anyone in here played this game? I'm really glad that steam adopted this game. This really hit my nostalgic side. It's like the WoW in our country during it's golden years. I've missed the WoE (Taking over a castle) and PVP in this game a lot, which you couldn't find in any MMORPG this days. It has a good single player element in it, so you don't have to worry about having a party or not and probably the best background tracks in all MMORPG I've ever heard. Mind you, It's a 2D JRPG style like the old FF's but better. Here's a sample pic:

screenLoki164.jpg
Source: http://store.steampowered.com/news/11779/

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Currently playing the second one Ragnarok Online 2 (also free on steam) and really enjoying it. The chat in public seemed to suggest that RO1 was dying though so hadn't been tempted to try it. Did try another mmo by the same publisher called 'ROSE' and didn't like the control scheme. However in RO2 I have two lvl 50 chars (Priest / Ranger), a lvl 25 (Sorcerer), and a lvl 22 (Swordsman). Great fun in solo but you really need to party up for the dungeons.

Currently playing the second one Ragnarok Online 2 (also free on steam) and really enjoying it. The chat in public seemed to suggest that RO1 was dying though so hadn't been tempted to try it. Did try another mmo by the same publisher called 'ROSE' and didn't like the control scheme. However in RO2 I have two lvl 50 chars (Priest / Ranger), a lvl 25 (Sorcerer), and a lvl 22 (Swordsman). Great fun in solo but you really need to party up for the dungeons.

I've played the SEA (South East Asia) RO2 and their management of the game is the worst. They're nothing but money sucking monster. Can you believe it? You have to pay just to finish a quest (ノ °益°)ノ 彡┻━┻. That's why I've quit in SEA RO2. I might try the RO2 in steam for a change, though.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Not had to pay to finish any quest playing on the Odin server for me, as far as I know the only quests I haven't done are 'Sandraman fortress', Culvert of the abyss, and Baphomet's (sp?) garden. I mean don't get me wrong there are issues with the game, the PvP stuff is definitely very broken but I just avoid that and spend my time doing RHD or helping other people (with my level 50s).

I played this game for quite a while as well, probably over a year, it was my second MMO with Runescape being the first. I don't think I'll play it again though, it's way too time consuming and I'm sure I'll get bored after a month. I do want to play it now, but I'll refrain from doing so.