Windows S/W questions - can anyone help?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

1. Create new group or remove all other connected devices and configure settings to your liking. Oh, and every win7 pc has its own homegroup by default. You can also just leave it like that. Or connect to existing group. Or add pcs to current.

3. Key to boot into BIOS is usually F2 or DEL. Just browse settings there and use Google if you are unsure about which things are safe to just disable.

The thing is that win7 has slower boot time than 10. It might be that you just can't change that.

1. I cannot create a new group if I cant leave this one? I can't even change the password. Error: Windows cannot set up a homegroup on this computer

3. It would be fast if it didnt have the part where it just lists the sata drives and stuff. I'm not sure whether thats windows though. If so then its just win 7 fault/

unanswered!

IN HWinfo, how can I make it that OSD isn't shown at windows startup, but needs to be toggled? Example:https://gyazo.com/3acf8b8c8c9c63c9346ff655bdb557a5 Right now it starts with it enabled and I don't want it there unless I tell it to.

In Windows 7, how do I leave a homegroup when it says that I cannot? I have not messed with any settings to make it do this. 

example: https://gyazo.com/5eb2f866aa7471ef59a777e3e46cb3c2

Just a hunch. Maybe your current PC is host and host can't leave.

In Windows 7, if the proper monitor driver is installed, why isn't the manufacturor refresh rate not showing up in screen properties?

Example: https://gyazo.com/7db32bc8c948ee99e4f969c5bd3c923c

Refresh rate for that monitor IS 60Hz http://www.pcworld.com/product/1416320/acer-x233h-widescreen-lcd-monitor.html

In windows 7, is there a way to make the boot faster? I notice windows 10 doesnt have the random pause where it shows system specs and sata drives, and goes straight into windows, Is this part of the boot or is there a way to increase the speed? Drive is an 850 EVO

Pause before OS loads is BIOS thing for the most. OS affects only thing that happen after it starts to load. Remove unneeded things from boot queue and disable other things you aren't using. Like wake up things, integrated stuff etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just a hunch. Maybe your current PC is host and host can't leave.

Refresh rate for that monitor IS 60Hz http://www.pcworld.com/product/1416320/acer-x233h-widescreen-lcd-monitor.html

Pause before OS loads is BIOS thing for the most. OS affects only thing that happen after it starts to load. Remove unneeded things from boot queue and disable other things you aren't using. Like wake up things, integrated stuff etc.

1. Yes, I am the host, what is the course of action from here?

2. Oh. Newegg told me otherwise. Weird.

3. Is there a way to find out how to do this on my mobo? Asrock 960gm FX

1. Yes, I am the host, what is the course of action from here?

2. Oh. Newegg told me otherwise. Weird.

3. Is there a way to find out how to do this on my mobo? Asrock 960gm FX

1. Create new group or remove all other connected devices and configure settings to your liking. Oh, and every win7 pc has its own homegroup by default. You can also just leave it like that. Or connect to existing group. Or add pcs to current.

3. Key to boot into BIOS is usually F2 or DEL. Just browse settings there and use Google if you are unsure about which things are safe to just disable.

The thing is that win7 has slower boot time than 10. It might be that you just can't change that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1. I cannot create a new group if I cant leave this one? I can't even change the password. Error: Windows cannot set up a homegroup on this computer

3. It would be fast if it didnt have the part where it just lists the sata drives and stuff. I'm not sure whether thats windows though. If so then its just win 7 fault/

Sorry, can't help you further with homegroup part.

But that listing of drives. Its part of BIOS POST procedure. You can disable it from BIOS by enabling fast boot option. If mobo supports it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Sorry, can't help you further with homegroup part.

But that listing of drives. Its part of BIOS POST procedure. You can disable it from BIOS by enabling fast boot option. If mobo supports it.

What do you know, it was ROM display. 

Glad i got that sorted.