Good (free or cheap) video editing software

johnmhigh

Title says it all really, 

my nephew is really into his nerf guns and he wants to make a video with them with explosions and blood etc. just after a basic easy to use editing program.

Thanks! 

Adobe Premiere CC and After Effects CC.

If not, Final Cut X (or whatever they're calling it)

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Adobe premiere and use the monthly payment thing I use it for photoshop and lightroom for my photography

Thanks guys!

Just as a side note: You can get a Premiere and/or After Effect trial and it'll be perfect for this in the short term but not in the long run.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Thanks guys!

I'd suggest hitfilm (free version) to get the hang of things, but I don't know how the interface varies from adobe. I have the adobe creative cloud and I love it. So really it's between hitfilm and adobe. Hitfilm is praised as the best free software. 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.)