My internet drops every few hours. Why?

trapizi

As title said. Idk why my internet starts dropping the internet for a while now. Since I play a lot of online games, it really matters. Is it because of virus or some sort of software/hardware issue? All other devices in my house work just fine.

Hi

As title said. Idk why my internet starts dropping the internet for a while now. Since I play a lot of online games, it really matters. Is it because of virus or some sort of software/hardware issue? All other devices in my house work just fine.

plug your pc directly into the modem ...reset the modem to defaults

and see if it still does it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Explanation #1

If you're on wifi, you're connection is weak, and dropping.

Move closer to the antennae, and monitor results or changes - or - plug directly into your router/modem via ethernet. - or - get an antennae or booster for your router/modem

Explanation #2

Your ISP is shit, and dropping your connection due to weather, interference, or overload b/c of heavy traffic.

Get a different ISP.

Explanation #3

Your ethernet cable (if in use) does not have a stable connection.

Make sure it is not damaged, both connection ends are clean, and both connectors are fully attached to your computer, and router/modem.

It is very unlikely it is a virus.

If a virus was going to cut you off from the internet, it would do it fully, not intermittently.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||