What should I get with Newegg credit

StackUnderflow

I just built a PC and I got $76 in Newegg credit from Black Friday price matches. I currently have a LG 24in 1080p monitor (5 yrs), a Logitech G9x (the weight socket is broken but doesn't affect every day use at all), a Logitech bluetooth iPad keyboard (had to borrow someone else's USB keyboard to setup my PC), $15 Sony earbuds and a LG HBS750 bluetooth headset.

I'm leaning towards spending it on a new mechanical keyboard, but I have no idea which switch type I'll like (I'm leaning towards blues, just by looking through descriptions and youtube videos). Never used a mechanical keyboard anywhere, ever.

Any suggestions?

I just built a PC and I got $76 in Newegg credit from Black Friday price matches. I currently have a LG 24in 1080p monitor (5 yrs), a Logitech G9x (the weight socket is broken but doesn't affect every day use at all), a Logitech bluetooth iPad keyboard (had to borrow someone else's USB keyboard to setup my PC), $15 Sony earbuds and a LG HBS750 bluetooth headset.

I'm leaning towards spending it on a new mechanical keyboard, but I have no idea which switch type I'll like (I'm leaning towards blues, just by looking through descriptions and youtube videos). Never used a mechanical keyboard anywhere, ever.

Any suggestions?

Yeah I just bought the logitech g710 mx blues for $40 @ frys on black friday and they feel pretty good

The Cherry MX blue keys (as described by my friend who used mine for the first time) "are very heavy, but feel very nice and clicky, i could get used to them" i would describe them but i am so used to them now that it doesn't even feel different, and i never ever use rubber domes. They are also very very loud if you type fast and if you tend to press hard, so if you need a quiet keyboard, opt for some MX browns. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

If you game a lot get reds, if you type a lot and like the loud clicky sound get blues, if you game / type and like them to be a bit quieter get browns- if you hate the clicky sound get clears.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Yeah I just bought the logitech g710 mx blues for $40 @ frys on black friday and they feel pretty good

That's highway robbery right there. Just the switches alone would be over $50usd at street prices. Let alone a full keyboard. Holy hell that's a sweet deal.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

That's highway robbery right there. Just the switches alone would be over $50usd at street prices. Let alone a full keyboard. Holy hell that's a sweet deal.

Yeah I kind of bought the only one available in my local fry;s store on thanksgiving. I also got a graphite 230t for $28 after rebate... Yeah black friday is my time of the year to beat out all the people in the rest of their money filled lives...xD

For my first mech keyboard I got a Ducky Shine 3 with Blues. Coming from membrane at the time, the Blues were very heavy on my fingers, and I typed pretty slow. But over about a week (may be different for you) my typing got way faster and the keys feel very normal, even a bit light. They are clicky and loud and have tons of feedback, and I love it, although my parents can tell when I'm on my PC lol. I'd also recommend MX Reds, they are very quiet and have an interesting feel. I have not typed on them for very long, but my friend's K70 was very nice.