Which CPU for a server?

So, kind of unusual thing happening to me. A good friend of mine has two CPUs laying around and he is offering one to me (He's taking the other and using it to build his mom a lightweight home PC) Anyway, the two CPUs are the AMD Athlon x4 860K and the Pentium g3528 (??? I am pretty sure it ends with an 8 and it is Haswell...) Now, I also have a mITX case laying around, plus my laptop's old 60GB SSD (I was pretty cutting edge back then... Not any more.) and a 7200RPM 64MB cache 1TB Seagate HDD.

Anyhoo, I think you get the picture. PC building time. Now, the last thing is that I do NOT want to game on this. I am not even going to install Windows or anything. Just a bare-bones Linux system. And now the catch: I have been looking for some computers/parts for a personal server I am making. Raspberry pi 2 looked cool, but I had those parts already laying around and the pi isn't powerful enough... I have a website already in the works, and I want to host it on my own machine. I know it isn't cutting edge, but hey; I would only have to spend money on the power-supply (reccomends are welcome too) and a mobo, which can be found for about $80 or less.

TL;DR: Choose between the Athlon x4 860K and Pentium g3528 for a mITX server. Which would be better? These are gifts, so thus, no other CPUs are options. Also, I don't need to worry about upgrades, because I can always give this one another project if I want to get something better.

Thnx for your help in advance. I don't know too much about servers. I know much more about GPUs...

Edit: I would be willing to overclock, though I don't know how good that will be for a 24/7 server.

I'm not very educated on servers as well, but my vote goes to the 860K for the 4 cores.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

So, more cores is beneficial to a server? Hmmm... should have looked at the xeons for an example. Didn't think of that...

.It's a good thing you asked.

If you have another video card available, I would go with the AMD CPU. Please note this: (according to the website I read) the AMD processor DOES NOT HAVE ONBOARD VIDEO.

If you don't, go get the Intel CPU. You can also go grab a $10 card with basically no problem, if you decide the performance is what you really want.

The AMD CPU, performance-wise, is probably going to be better in this case. You can overclock it nicely and increase the clockspeed a ridiculous amount. Then, you also have the advantage of literally double the processing cores. If this is a Linux machine (like you stated), you'll be working wonders with that AMD CPU and it'll probably shred the Intel CPU by a little bit.

The Intel CPU seems to win some benchmarks because of the higher single-core performance, but I more than assure you a Linux server with what you're proposing will benefit more from two extra cores using slightly less efficient architecture than it ever would from just two cores with slightly better single-core performance. I say slightly and I mean slightly, these CPUs are not much different from each other.

Good luck!

I do know about the no iGPU part. I read it is identical to the A10 7850k without the iGPU. But is the GPU actually necessary? I mean, the issue is I have the Silverstone Raven mITX case. It would be a tight fit I suppose, but kinda works out because I don't want to have a very expensive system.