Looking to Upgrade Card From Premade Setup[dono where to start]

When upgrading graphic cards what do I how do I actually go about doing this?

[my goal is to increase FPS]

The only think that I have been told is that when i upgrade stay in the same family. My current card is Radeon R7 240 I believe.

Anyone here nice enough to help?

it would depend on your budget. also if the new card can fit in your case, some cards are kinda long.

and to replace it, you jsut take out the old one and put in the new, there's only 1 way to fit it in

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

What cpu do you have? and what power supply do you have? (at least the watts) if you dont want to replace the power supply the gtx 950 is a good option 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

What cpu do you have? and what power supply do you have? (at least the watts) if you dont want to replace the power supply the gtx 950 is a good option 

AMD A10-7800 , as for the power supply im not to worried i know how to calculate needed wattage.

Okay so if i buy any graphics card (aslong as it fits and has sufficient power) it should work ? like what are my limitations? 

also side question, if i switch out my ram will what would be my main improvement?

AMD A10-7800 , as for the power supply im not to worried i know how to calculate needed wattage.

Okay so if i buy any graphics card (aslong as it fits and has sufficient power) it should work ? like what are my limitations? 

also side question, if i switch out my ram will what would be my main improvement?

You've got a decent enough CPU you won't need to worry about bottlenecks unless you're thinking higher level graphics cards.

You'll need to have one PCI 3.0 slot open on your motherboard and so long as you're sure your power supply can handle the additional load of a low or mid end GPU you should be fine.

As for your RAM so long as you have enough to satisfy your current work load size (NOT SPEED) then not much unless you're running really low clocked RAM. For your CPU you use DDR3 RAM and there really is no major performance gain worth the money after 1600 MHz RAM.

If you let us know your budget we can help you pick a card that suites your needs as well.