Computer restarted randomly, now won't boot.

AlexWalters08

So my computer (specs in signature) ran fine for about half a year, I didn't modify any parts recently, and never overclocked anything besides a slight overclock on my GPU. Than yesterday it restarted randomly, booted up and ran fine. It did this about three times before I got frusterated and went to bed (It was about 1:30AM xD). This morning it did the same thing, but it now won't even boot. The computer sometimes makes it to the post screen, than it will attemp to boot and die. Other times it just refused to post, but no LEDs on the motherboard stay on to signify an error. I first though it was a power issue, but the power LED stays on throughout the whole process and doesn't go off, even when it restarts and attempts to boot again. Any help is appreciated!

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

Actually I had the same thing with my old ~2005 computer. Turns out it was the PSUs fault. I suggest getting Corsair CX700M. EVGA not that good brand.

Actually I had the same thing with my old ~2005 computer. Turns out it was the PSUs fault. I suggest getting Corsair CX700M. EVGA not that good brand.

Troll?

@AlexWalters08 did you try to boot without the hdd connected to the mobo?

The site has changed....

Troll?

why troll? im talking from my experience.

why troll? im talking from my experience.

CX are meant for basic office/home builds due to its low quality components. Recommending it just blindly because you just happened not to have any problems with it doesnt make it any good. Also EVGA G2/GS/B2 are solid psu, made by seasonic and super flower (top psu makers), while most of cx psu are made by Channel Well Technology(more info on signature)

The site has changed....

does it make beep sound ?

>i suggest getting CX
>EVGA not that good brand

dude please

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

Troll?

No I did not, and my signature doesn't show it, but I actually have two 1TB Seagate drives now, should I disconnect both?

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

No I did not, and my signature doesn't show it, but I actually have two 1TB Seagate drives now, should I disconnect both?

yes, disconnect both hard disks, and see if it boots.

Normally it should boot straight to the bios, if there are no hard disks connected

The site has changed....

CX are meant for basic office/home builds due to its low quality components. Recommending it just blindly because you just happened not to have any problems with it doesnt make it any good. Also EVGA G2/GS/B2 are solid psu, made by seasonic and super flower (top psu makers), while most of cx psu are made by Channel Well Technology(more info on signature)

nobody sells EVGA or Seasonic or SuperFlower PSUs here. Corsair are the most expensive of all so they must be better. i dont think you understand anything about electronics. u dont even know what is a capacitor.

nobody sells EVGA or Seasonic or SuperFlower PSUs here. Corsair are the most expensive of all so they must be better. i dont think you understand anything about electronics. u dont even know what is a capacitor.

Top kek.saying that the most expensive is the best make you look like you dont know anything about electronics. Also there are many seasonic rebrands, like Antec/xfx even silverstone.

The site has changed....

Top kek.saying that the most expensive is the best make you look like you dont know anything about electronics. Also there are many seasonic rebrands, like Antec/xfx even silverstone.

i know more than u. yesterday i soldered 555 timer that makes leds flash and when u press button the flash faster. beat that. seasonic is unknown brand in europe.

i know more than u. yesterday i soldered 555 timer that makes leds flash and when u press button the flash faster. beat that. seasonic is unknown brand in europe.

There is no reason trying to talk to you. You are talkin nonsense, since seasonic is a very well know brand in europe, but kids in your age doesnt seem to know it.

Added in ignore list

The site has changed....

There is no reason trying to talk to you. You are talkin nonsense, since seasonic is a very well know brand in europe, but kids in your age doesnt seem to know it.

Added in ignore list

go pay ur debts or something.