GPU won't fit in 1st slot

Juggernaught
Go to solution Solved by CapricaBuccaneers,

It's perfectly fine to run your graphics card in another slot - my first aircooler did the exact same thing and I had to run mine in the secondary PCIe 3.0 x16 slot. No issues.

I have the MSI xpower ac and after I installed the air cooler on it I noticed that the first slit is covered up. Currently I only have one 980ti and was seeing if it's okay to put it in the second PCIE slot? What happens when I go SLI can I do the second and third slots?

Thanks in advance [emoji6]

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

Can you take a picture? From what I can tell about the board, no CPU cooler should cover any PCIe slot on the board. DIMM slot yes, but not a PCIe slot.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have the MSI xpower ac and after I installed the air cooler on it I noticed that the first slit is covered up. Currently I only have one 980ti and was seeing if it's okay to put it in the second PCIE slot? What happens when I go SLI can I do the second and third slots?

Thanks in advance [emoji6]

Is the air cooler blocking the slot? Can you send a picture of what's going on?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Flip the cooler 90 degrees so the fan is pointing away from the back

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hopefully this worked. Not sure hoq to do the spoiler thing.

51c8525bfb84bca0b4145492d11b2262.jpg

0aa13ee28ae366c61a4d171778cdcea9.jpg

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

CPU cooler is too big it would seem

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

CPU cooler is too big it would seem

uhm , yeah it's kinda obvious already. hahaha

Hopefully this worked. Not sure hoq to do the spoiler thing.

maybe you can flip is sideways and take off one fan

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

uhm , yeah it's kinda obvious already. hahaha

maybe you can flip is sideways and take off one fan

I was afraid of that. So it's not good to put gpu in second slot?

It's perfectly fine to run your graphics card in another slot - my first aircooler did the exact same thing and I had to run mine in the secondary PCIe 3.0 x16 slot. No issues.